Adding language options on Famicom Mini

emuman100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the Hakchi2 modification guide, it says:
But what if you want to use a Famicom Mini in NES Mini's interface language? Actually, it's very simple to do. You need to:
  • Overmount "/usr/share/clover-ui/resources/scripts/system.lua" file using the same file from a NES Mini, it will enable the language selection dialog and icon
  • Overmount the whole "/usr/share/clover-ui/resources/strings" folder, which contains strings for all languages (BTW, you can edit them too if you want)
  • Overmount "/usr/share/clover-ui/resources/fonts/hvc" folder with "/usr/share/clover-ui/resources/fonts/nes" folder extracted from a NES Classic Mini.
My question is, will I have to copy these files to a location where they won't get deleted upon power off and write script that will overmount these on boot?

emuman100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I figured it out. I moved the files and directories listed above from the NES Mini dump to "/var/lib/hakchi/rootfs/usr/share/clover-ui/resources" and created a script with three overmount commands to run in /etc/preinit.d. The guide was not clear about the reasoning for the file naming. I tried p8034_lang and others as a file name. The script would run, but the games script would not run, so I never had the extra games I added, unless I deleted the language script I made. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL