ROM Hack WIP [ACNH] Code Generator

SavageThieves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you link me to my generator after it's made a cheat that is not working, and one that _is_ working?

Generated Code Link -- This cheat is for the "Garden Bench" DIY Recipe for Slot 1, that does not work and comes up blank.

I do not have a DIY Generated code that_is_working. All the DIY recipe cheats I've generated using the tool all came up blank in-game. There were some recipes that came up but it wasn't the correct recipe, I do not recall the DIY ID that was used and came up as a different recipe in game.

SavageThieves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Above the Quantity/Custom text box, are you changing the selection from Decimal to Hexadecimal? It only worked for me when I changed it to hexadecimal.

I can give that a try when I get home from work. I think i tried also hexadecimal for the DIY recipes, but I dont remember the outcome.

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Generated Code Link -- This cheat is for the "Garden Bench" DIY Recipe for Slot 1, that does not work and comes up blank.

I do not have a DIY Generated code that_is_working. All the DIY recipe cheats I've generated using the tool all came up blank in-game. There were some recipes that came up but it wasn't the correct recipe, I do not recall the DIY ID that was used and came up as a different recipe in game.
This is right on the money:

Above the Quantity/Custom text box, are you changing the selection from Decimal to Hexadecimal? It only worked for me when I changed it to hexadecimal.
Check out this part of the URL: item-quantity-format=dec

And if you look on the page, Decimal is selected, but you're putting in a hex code. You can't do that. You are inputting a hexadecimal customization value, so you need to change the data type to hex. Otherwise, the C gets lopped off, and the 7 becomes 6 (because AC counts 0 as 1). Here's the actual link you want to be using.

SavageThieves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is right on the money:

Check out this part of the URL: item-quantity-format=dec

And if you look on the page, Decimal is selected, but you're putting in a hex code. You can't do that. You are inputting a hexadecimal customization value, so you need to change the data type to hex. Otherwise, the C gets lopped off, and the 7 becomes 6 (because AC counts 0 as 1). Here's the actual link you want to be using.

Look like ticking the hexadecimal option is what helped with my issue, got all the DIY recipes that I needed. Thank you!

Reactions: Mopquill

iNfEk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the update!!!

I did notice one of my DIY's not working when it was changing to DEC (read: it was the incorrect one) changed it to HEX and I got the correct one I wanted. What is the intended purpose of the DEC? Is it just for quantity for singular items so you don't need to go 1 under?

also probably answered but i cannot figure it out... how do I know which order or what color is generated and in what order if I choose a modifier?

How do combine the quantity and the customization?

Lynn:-)

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the update!!!

I did notice one of my DIY's not working when it was changing to DEC (read: it was the incorrect one) changed it to HEX and I got the correct one I wanted. What is the intended purpose of the DEC? Is it just for quantity for singular items so you don't need to go 1 under?

also probably answered but i cannot figure it out... how do I know which order or what color is generated and in what order if I choose a modifier?

I didn't change the quantity/custom id. I just put in 1 for how many I wanted and it is working fine for me. Link here for one of mine I used. [URL] https://mpql.net/tools/acnh/codes/?code=item&item-bytes=8&item-id=1594&item-slot=26&item-quantity-format=dec&item-quantity=1&item-durability=&item-keys[y]=y&item-keys[dr]=y [/URL]

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the update!!!

You're welcome! :D

The #1 thing people seem to use this for and then report a bug or contact me privately is to generate a stack of 10 nook miles tickets. And they type in 10, which is 16, which reads as 17 and reverts to 1. Or they know about the hex bit and put in A, which is 10 and reads as 11 and gets reverted to 1. So decimal is if you want some number of something, hex is if you want to actually put hex in.

I wrote the notes and tutorials below that to stem questions, and I updated them over time, but I'm thinking now with the code updates that I might restructure them so the form acts as its own tutorial.

I'm not aware of anything having both quantity *and* customization. Custom/quantity functions as whichever it needs. So for say, a chair, you can't have a stack of more than 1, so anything more than 0 for quantity would never be valid. But if you could change both the cloth and the wood of this chair, you can set its custom values via the hex value there. I don't actually cheat myself (though I still want and would use a "Shops Always Open" cheat), so I don't know what those values look like -- I've heard it's both 00xy and xy00, so idk, but those are each a single digit number that runs through the possibilities. So if the first custom pattern for cloth after default was 1, and default chair color was brown, first custom was red, and third was blue, and you wanted a blue chair with that pattern, you might set something like 0012 for the custom hex.

Butttt, I say just spawn the item and some customization kits so you can preview and go from there.

Reactions: iNfEk

iNfEk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about the money tree. I notice this item 114A in the list but how much bells does it create? I know that I usually plant 10k bells but the normal is 1k that comes out of the hole. is there a way to specify how many bells come out?

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about the money tree. I notice this item 114A in the list but how much bells does it create? I know that I usually plant 10k bells but the normal is 1k that comes out of the hole. is there a way to specify how many bells come out?
Yes, but I wouldn't recommend doing that, and I'm not going to publish how to do it. Changing money tree contents can drop unpick-up-able items, and is ripe for mistakes, griefing, etc. Just spawn bell bags if you want 'em, there isn't a real difference.

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a suggestion @Mopquill. Maybe add a "import via NHI" option to bulk-create cheats?
I don't even know what an NHI is, is that a save editor thing? Even so, out of of scope, not doing. I made add bulk generation one way or another in the future, but it won't require/utilize another tool.

Mahesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to add another field in the Item Slot area, to do perhaps, 1-40, or 1-10, or own choice, like 32-40 (so it just spawns 9 items in last 9 slots)?

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to add another field in the Item Slot area, to do perhaps, 1-40, or 1-10, or own choice, like 32-40 (so it just spawns 9 items in last 9 slots)?
There is a cheat code for copying a given slot to X other slots. RyDog made it, search through his posts. Considering that functionality exists, there's little reason for me to waste effort duplicating it.

Iliak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cheatslips.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi
I made an enhanced inventory editor at the following at https://www.cheatslips.com/editor/acnh/. Here's some pictures

You have an overview of the inventory with quantity and durability of the items
inventory.png

Choose the item and the variants
slot.png

It lacks the recipe editor, but as soon as I find a nice way to implement it, it will be online (if you have any ideas...)

D

Deleted User

I don't even know what an NHI is, is that a save editor thing? Even so, out of of scope, not doing. I made add bulk generation one way or another in the future, but it won't require/utilize another tool.
yes, its a file with 40 items inside that you can import in a save editor and it loads them all..

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
I made an enhanced inventory editor at the following at https://www.cheatslips.com/editor/acnh/. Here's some pictures

You have an overview of the inventory with quantity and durability of the items
View attachment 208096

Choose the item and the variants
View attachment 208097

It lacks the recipe editor, but as soon as I find a nice way to implement it, it will be online (if you have any ideas...)
Ah, it's cool that it has pictures of the items. Are you crediting me because you used my generator to sanity-check the code output? Also, it's pretty slow, you have a lot of JavaScript things happening there. What do you mean by Recipe Editor -- like pictures for DIY Recipe's items?

yes, its a file with 40 items inside that you can import in a save editor and it loads them all..
Okay, but I'm not sure how it's in-scope (or time-saving?) for a code generator to import save editor files. Why not just import your edited save to your Switch?

D

Deleted User

Ah, it's cool that it has pictures of the items. Are you crediting me because you used my generator to sanity-check the code output? Also, it's pretty slow, you have a lot of JavaScript things happening there. What do you mean by Recipe Editor -- like pictures for DIY Recipe's items?

Okay, but I'm not sure how it's in-scope (or time-saving?) for a code generator to import save editor files. Why not just import your edited save to your Switch?
codes: can be enabled and turned off while in someones town locally, allowing easy item switching if you have multiple and much faster overall
save importing: have to import save, travel to town, drop items, leave, import save, reload game, visit town, drop them, etc

i myself have ~20 nhis i would like to import into a code for each one, so that i can turn them on/off while in my town locally

i dont exactly feel like making 800 codes.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...