Hacking Acekard Stopped Working

SacredTomba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, some specs I guess. I'm running a DSi with 1.4.4...

I had recently flashed my acekards firmware to work on 1.4.4. All was fine, until a couple of days ago. I was playing Pokemon White 2, and left it in sleep mode, went to bed, and when I woke up, continued to save and turn it off. The next time I tried to load up my Acekard, I no longer could run it. It would be stuck on a yellow 'Loading' word, and I assumed the microSD card is corrupted so I tried another spare one I had. I also saw somewhere else that as long as you can get it to load with the words loading, the Acekard's not bricked. So I'm hoping that, because as of right now, my DSi is the only source of fun I have. If it helps, I've also tried running it in my old original DS, to no avail.

So is something wrong with my Acekard or not? I'm really confused as of now. Any help could be appreciated... I've even took the shell off and see if any solders were apparently bad, but I didn't see anything wrong with the circuitry.

GammaGeorgeX

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Ah, White 2 uses a lot of RAM, so that would make a TINY chance to make it stop working slightly with any flashcart. So yeah, is your Micro SD nearly full?

mojack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually have this EXACT same problem. The last game I played was Pokemon White 2 and when I've come back to use my card like a month later the "Loading" words appear for a split second then the screen goes black. I'll be very depressed if it's actually bricked so any help is appreciated. I deleted White 2 and that didn't do anything.

Almahisen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you can try this recovery method :

You should get a NDSL and another flashcard(such as : ak2i ,dstwo,r4i sdhc or any one card ,here i called “A”), which works properly on NDSL.
1.Download the latest A card firmware ,and unzip them,open the folder and copy the root files into your micro sd card.
2.download ak2i updated patch and unzip it,open the folder , you will get following files _akaio files ,ak2ifw_update_3ds30_dsi144_onDSi_DSXL_3DS.nds , as well as ak2ifw_update_3ds30_dsi144_onDSL.nds.
3.Just copy ak2ifw_update_3ds30_dsi144_onDSL.nds to your Micro SD card;
4.Just power your NDSL on and boot up ak2ifw_update_3ds30_dsi144_onDSL.nds. with “A” card;
5.Take “A” card out of the NDSL;
6.Reinsert your broken ak2i into the NDSL;
7.Press KEY_A and the updating process will begin;
8.You should keep your NDSL powered on during the updating process;
9.IF the result shows SUCCESS, it means you have updated your acekard 2i 3ds successfully and this card can work on

Hope this will work,good luck !

mojack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a friend with a NDSL but no others that have a flashcard. So that method won't work for me at the moment... Thanks for the tip though.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
There's not another method, though. You need to be able to boot and run the firmware update to overwrite your AK2i's bootloader. You can't boot it without a flash cart (or something else that can run modern DS homebrew), and you need to cart swap to apply the update to your cart, and cart swapping only works on the DS and DS Lite.

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then maybe you can purchase another flashcart...
Anyway, from next time, be sure your microSD's cluster size is 32KB.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
for roms over 128MB you need 16k clusters if you are using akaio. this is due to the way the AP routine works.

i recommend that you reflash the bootloader, then give a patched copy of the game a try with AP turned off.

-another world

mojack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huzzah! I managed to fix it! First I made a back-up of my MicroSD card. Then I formatted it with Panasonic SD formatter. Then I slapped on a brand spanking new, clean copy of AKAIO and voila, it lived! Try this method if you're still having trouble SacredTomba.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la