Hacking Question Accidentally clicked on the update pop-up, now stuck without CFW.

AsukaL1to

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you press the "save" button after disabling AutoRCM?
Yes, I did.

I disabled Auto RCM then pressed save settings and went in and out of other menus to check if it really stayed saved. Then I tried powering off and rebooting into OFW through hekate.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This has nothing to do with it. When you tap/click on the button, a new window opens which says you that autorcm is disabled or enabled.

I never got a window that directly indicated Auto RCM was disabled. Other than seeing in the settings that AutoRCM said it as OFF

I just disabled it then got a window that said settings have been changed and if I would like to save them, and I did.

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally managed to downgrade my console back to 11.0.1 with only one compromise, Game Cards make my console crash.
I only own one anyway and NSP backups are a thing

I followed the guide you used, but EmmcHaccGen didn't create a MicroSD card folder for the last step. How did you get around this? Thank you.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a tutorial online but it just looked too long and risky. I should probably wait like a week, all for some Walking Dead...
If you have a NAND back up, then restore that back up, then boot into Atmosphere via Hetake and update to 11.x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I've tried prime once
    I've had better tasting battery acid
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    has anyone tried to move Pokemon save files from emulator to console?
    no, open up a thread in the forums for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He already asked earlier
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    I am trying to find someone with knowledge on that willing to help me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I and Hayato warned him not to, but he won't listen
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa,
    I don't listen? What didn't I listen at? I just want to know all the possible risks on that part
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    Hayato even said it's dangerous to backup the save files to CFW
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    how is this dangerous? A ton of people did this it's the most common thing to do with CFW
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Then do it
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    dude, whatever
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not trying to hate, I tried to help you in the switch noob thread by asking for you, but you don't want to accept the answers you got, so do whatever then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that bigonya squeezing bulmas tiddies
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa, Man, first of all thanks for your willing to help, much appreciated. But, it's not that I "don't want to listen", rather than I need soemone to EXPLAIN to me how and why all these are risky.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Putting your dick in certain areas is always a risk
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    For example, HOW is is risky to get banned if you extract the save files to the CFW?
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    isn't this proccess be done while you're offline?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We are not Nintendo, so we don't know exactly how/why/when they ban, but better to stay on the safe side and not do shady stuff, if you don't want to be banned. Hayato is one of the most knowledgeable ones here on the subject and I believe what he says.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    300 bucks hmmm lol
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa, Yes ofc we don't know how Nintendo bans work, but if there are situations where a lot of people have tried safely then we can at least assume that this path is pretty much safe. To say don't try anything homebrew relative just to be safe forever is the easiest thing to say to someone. What I am trying to figure out here is with which cases and what actions got most of the people their bans for.
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    Most things I can find resulting to a ban is save-editing reasons, like Pokehex, etc, and going online afterwards.
    A @ ATEMVEGETA: Most things I can find resulting to a ban is save-editing reasons, like Pokehex, etc, and going...