OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello
I can get a 2TB ssd
anyone know if my cfw ps3 will see the new drive and let me format using the ps3 ? i think ps3 use fat32, right?
Also, I was reading others forums and the max intenral that ps3 support is 1.5tb, that mean after format i will see 1.5TB,?

thanks

pd: sorry, bad english :V

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't use a 2TB drive or you'll have problems. also, it's not worth using ssd with the ps3. it can't take advantage of it, so it's a waste of money.

Dymblos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
i know the temp of an ssd is a lot less than an hdd
also, the ps3 do not have any type of cooling in the hdd area, that mean with an ssd you will have less system temp

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's untrue. ssd didn't exist when the ps3 was developed, so it can't make use of the decreased load times. there are differences on psdevwiki that shows revolutions and ssd make no real difference.

Reactions: MrCokeacola

bobbytomorow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the few benchmarks online you will gain roughly 15% performance give or take and depending on the task. Boot time is cut down by a few seconds, loading times are cut down by a few seconds, install times cut down a few seconds etc...I think the most noticeable difference will come from playing games that are installed on the hard drive. If you have a spare SSD laying around or can get one super cheap I would say go for it, otherwise though the differences are quite small to make it worthwhile imo.

Reactions: Magsor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1