ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think it's possible, since Nintendo games use Nintendo's Official Server for Wifi games like MKDS. I don't think a homebrew game maker will buy his own server for other peoples enjoyment, or use Nintendo's Server, that's not right >.> So in other words. I don't THINK it's possible, might be though :X

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be possible, but yes it would require an external server. However, my main concern would be how to get the two DSs in sync with each other, as that could be a major issue.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's servers set up for online snes emulation when using a computer. Maybe these could be adapted for use with the DS? I have no clue myself, sounds like it'd be hard to implement, but amazingly awesome.

villa_bryan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i remember a long time ago with zsnes and snes9x i was able host my own game and my partner would just key in my ip address. we both had dial up so it sucked butt. but later when we got dsl it was pretty sweet.

isn't the servers just for like playing ppl randomly? or creating rooms and making one central place where the game is played?

what if it were decentralized and ppl hosted there own games? and we could all be on some irc chat room or on a forum exchanging or nds's ip?

just a thought

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You people should really talk when you don't know what you're talking about.

Is it possible? Yes. Has homebrew netplay been done? Many times. Will anyone bother to do it with snes emus? Probably not.

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It would not need a server, but you'd have to manually input your friend's IP address and he would have to be waiting for you.

I'll settle for local wireless SNES emulation, Final Fight 3 is HOT with 2 players.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i remember a long time ago with zsnes and snes9x i was able host my own game and my partner would just key in my ip address. we both had dial up so it sucked butt. but later when we got dsl it was pretty sweet.

yea thats what im wondering, does it really need a server?
It may be possible without one, but using one of the DS' as a server would by no means be the ideal way to do it. Having a server host the games will cut down on lag considerably.

Also, as Linkiboy already mentioned, these "possibility" threads are pretty useless.

Magnifico

Trophies
Website
www.getexbackclub.com
XP
Country
United States
Also, as Linkiboy already mentioned, these "possibility" threads are pretty useless.[/b][/color]

well in PC emulation emulators where you connect to a server (i.e. kaillera) always lag far more than emulators that connect p2p with one person as host and one pesron with client (i.e zsnes). would it be different for DS?

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well in PC emulation emulators where you connect to a server (i.e. kaillera) always lag far more than emulators that connect p2p with one person as host and one pesron with client (i.e zsnes). would it be different for DS?
Definitely. The DS' wireless speed is only a fraction of the speed a PC has. In its case it would be much more efficient to have a remote server hosting it.

Also, what you said about hosting isn't true. There are many people I play regularly with that I get terrible connections with using a direct connection.

Magnifico

Trophies
Website
www.getexbackclub.com
XP
Country
United States
ah, i see.

maybe its a specific case of zsnes's netcode being so far ahead, but thyose people who yuou get terrible connections with would be even worse playing on a middleman-server emulator. zsnes by far has the fastest netplay of any emulator ever released

also, i dont think possibility threads are useless... i had the same question, i just didnt know if it was a possible thing or not. being possible may not make it practical or make it come, but it still answers questions!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: