Gaming A Problem with Many Possible Solutions

Makoto0729

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, a friend of mine with an Xbox 360 got Fable 3. It ended up with a perfect ring scratch, and now the game won't even start, so reluctantly, he bought another copy. It happened again, except now, Bowerstone Industrial won't load. We've attempted to burn both discs to the hard drive on his 360, but both give errors, and neither will load.

I've been downloading another copy for him, and planning on putting it on his 360's hard drive, so he wouldn't need to buy YET ANOTHER copy of it.

So now I have three copies: One downloaded, two discs.

A working answer to ANY of these questions would be ideal.

1) The scratches are on different areas on each disk. Would it be possible on the 360 to somehow combine the two into a working version?

2)Is it even possible for a softmodded 360 to play the game I'm downloading?

3)If not, is there ANYTHING that can be done without purchasing any special hardware that could make playing any of these possible?

Thanks in advance again, and I apologize if any of these seem like noob questions. I've had to do that a lot lately, as I venture into new hacking grounds...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah you can buff things out and that would probably be the better route (some shops even offer it as a service).

I am not sure how an iso will work for this- I can make GOD installs from them but straight up NXE install making I do not think can be done with current tools and indeed signing would probably get in the way somewhere.

What you can do though is if the disc half works have it installed on the drive and use the disc as an authentication token for the game. Naturally this requires a working copy so a trip to the rental shop might be in order. You might be able to do some odd disc swapping but that is not a path I would suggest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...