BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
adamshinoda said:
The Hangover part II was met with negative review, and now Cars 2 is.
Even worse than that, Harry Potter 7.2 will possilbly not be shown in my country with unknown reason at the time.
The first hang over wasnt that good anyways and then they go and make a movie with the same people, same premise, and same humor? Its not going to be good anyways.
Cars 2 had very flat characters. Cars 2 was only made because Disney leaned on Pixar begging them to produce a cash cow that could be milked for mechandise. Which makes sense if you think about it. Wall E and UP had almost nothing marketable where as Cars/2 has anything and everything that can be made into a toy and sold. The story was based on the misconception that Mater, a SIDE, COMIC RELIEF CHARACTER, was a secret agent and then used as the main character. Not a good set up. Other than that, i checked out when the cars started flying.
And please dont get me started on Harry Potter.

For those of you saying Toy Story 3 was bad? I want your reasons.
It was one the the better Pixar films.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BortzANATOR said:
For those of you saying Toy Story 3 was bad? I want your reasons.
It was one the the better Pixar films.

Main reason, it bored me. First time I tried to watch it I got maybe half way through and had to stop. Normally that bothers me until I get to finish it but with that... I didn't get around to watching it all the way through until I watched it with my niece months later. Maybe too simplistic a reason for some but if something can't hold my attention it's instantly crap in my opinion. Especially as I'm not normally the sort of person who minds things not moving along at a break neck speed.

EDIT: Sorry but I can't go any deeper than that. It's being years since I've had to analyse a film/show/book whatever beyond whether I liked it or not. But hey, if I don't join in the conversation I'll never get it back.[/p]

And TBH I'm not surprised that peeps aren't liking this. While most Pixar movies generally follow a typical archetype (buddy movie, lone hero saves the kingdom) but with a cool twist that seriously influences the storyline, Cars was just a fish out of water movie a la Doc Hollywood with cars instead of people. It could have being done just as well with people instead of cars...

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toy Story 3 was awesome. The only issues i had with it was a lack of memorable music compared from the first and second ones and that the villain was too obvious and uninteresting compared to the other two. But on an emotional level, it was very moving. The ending made my eyes fog up. Letting go of the things that defined our childhood can be difficult.

I guess it didn't help any that i was going through a very similar situation with letting go at the same time that i saw the movie last year (moving away from a home i grew up in and knowing it would be destroyed once i was out). The film clicked with me on an emotional level. Probably moreso than most other films actually ever have. Heck, i was even going through old closets and finding old all-but-forgotten toys that i either donated or had to throw away due to massive flood damage to the house.

TS3 will always have a special place in my heart for me. It definitely didn't feel like a cash in either, not any more than the other 3 did (which is subjective i'm sure due to all the toy products and licenses from pre-existing brands, but they're all amazingly written with fun characters and a gripping plot).

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AlanJohn said:
Pixar you [censored]!
Where is Monsters Inc. 2?
mad.gif
The Laugh Floor Comedy Club at Walt Disney World could be considered a sequel to Monsters Inc.

pigonthetree

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pigonthetree.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Although still well-made, but it is likely to become the worst history of Pixar's work, more or less attributed to Pixar ─ ─ This level is too high before. If it is not the Pixar movie, it is just Ok.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O OMG. A Very EXPENSIVE way to find out :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He was trying to whip shitties but instead he wiped out and ate shit.
    +3
    He was better off Whipping his own :shit:. :unsure::unsure::unsure: But then again.. Maybe not. Eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whip it real good
    Nah. Cool Whip is better :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool wHip
    Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D
    awwwh :shit: ! I shouldn't have done that. Now that song will play on my mind ALL Day :sad::cry:
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder how long it will take for my number to port over lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dm it to me and you'll find out
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ninja: