A 24K gold Nintendo Wii that was originally designed for Queen Elizabeth gets put up for sale

edweew.png

There have been some rather odd crossovers and promotional stunts done by gaming companies over the years. One such instance took place in 2009, when THQ--who would promptly go bankrupt not too long after this--decided to create a Nintendo Wii specifically designed for the Queen of England; a 24 Karat gold system fit for royalty. While it was supposed to be given to Queen Elizabeth, Buckingham Palace rejected the gift, and many years later, it ended up in the hands of Donny, a video game collector. Donny is now selling the golden Wii, as he's looking to buy a house, and if he can sell the system--which is listed at $300,000, he'll be able to easily afford a home.

According to the auction page, the system is on 3.2E firmware, and works just like a normal Nintendo Wii. Donny also claims that the golden Wii will be part of a documentary that has already been filmed, and will be announced sometime later in 2021. Whoever decides to buy this highly-priced collectable will get framed documents of authenticity, and of course, the package will be insured. You might even be getting a deal at "only" $300K; it was appraised to be possibly worth 1 million dollars by anonymous "top end industry people".

Fred: On Gamescom 2019 some top end gaming industry people (who we can unfortunately not make public here) said, that it may be worth 1 Million Dollars. Simply because no one can really put a price tag on it. It is world famous and one of a kind. What led you to the decision to choose 300.000$ as the price tag?

Donny: 1 million is of course the ultimate dream, but I must be a little bit reasonable. A good friend who works at Nintendo told me I should sell it for a price which is so high it would never find a buyer. He even advised me to start with 500.000$.

:arrow: Source

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That looks soooooooooooooooooooooooooo tacky. I hope the asking price is just its weight in gold because it has no other value. Ugh.
It's not. Even if it was solid gold, it's not worth $300K in materials. If you've seen LTT's recent solid gold Xbox controller that should give you an idea how much a solid gold Wii would be worth. It might be worth that much because it's one of a kind and it has a history behind it, but there's really no telling because it's never been sold before. Had the Queen actually owned it at some point though it would be worth far more.
She rejected the gift? What a bitch. Hope she joins prince Philip soon for that shit.
She probably wasn't even given the choice, they probably just rejected it out of an abundance of safety.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
It's not. Even if it was solid gold, it's not worth $300K in materials. If you've seen LTT's recent solid gold Xbox controller that should give you an idea how much a solid gold Wii would be worth. It might be worth that much because it's one of a kind and it has a history behind it, but there's really no telling because it's never been sold before. Had the Queen actually owned it at some point though it would be worth far more.

She probably wasn't even given the choice, they probably just rejected it out of an abundance of safety.
The wii is a horrible children's toy I would concerned for her saftey too.

moneychild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A wii weighs 2.7lbs. Let’s round to 3lbs (48 ounces).
One ounce of gold is worth $1781.9. Let’s round to $2,000.00

Doing the math 48 * 2000 is equal to $300,000!!!!????

Someone failed Math class when they were young!!!!! Lol

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Moke:Math is bad,is very bad ..

goofy:Its not moke.Math is for smart people to solve problems,like depresion ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯ .

Last edited by JaNDeRPeiCH,
Reactions: smallissue

munnimann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

You're assuming that the parts are actually made of solid gold, but it's not even that. It's just gold-plated. If you wanted you could buy the necessary gold foil for under 50$ on Amazon, probably even less. It wasn't "made for the Queen" either, it was sent to the Queen and rejected as I'm sure plenty of stuff is sent to the Queen, processed, and rejected daily. Two million views on YouTube aren't worth 300,000$ either. The ridiculous price itself is the only thing that gives this story some curiosity value.

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Its not even 3lbs of gold, its only gold plated, there is maybe around $24k in gold there if your lucky, and probably far less!

Last edited by TheRealNGB,

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it looks like a cheap an tacky paint job, maybe if the shell was cast in solid gold
the controller has all scratches near the bottom and the paint is flaking off on the back of it
the actual gold plating value is worth no where near 300k

maybe it the queen actually played with it its might be worth a decent amount

Last edited by Joe88,

MaskedMarvel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, those are some stuck up (and inbred) "Royals".. Rejecting such a thoughtful gift as a solid gold Wii? Pfffff!

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You can cover a piece of poop with gold foil and polish it until it shines, but then all you have is a shiny golden turd.

Motion controls never work. Should've been a golden Wii U or DS Lite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my other machine is old, mostly used for just browsing , some multimedia stuff as it's just old
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music