Hardware 7th Gen Controller vs 8th gen controller

What do you prefer, Sony's new ps4 controller or the old DualShock controllers.

• Total voters

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Kinda early isn't it? Comparing 2 controllers I have with a third one I can't even get to hold before the end of the year, I can't really make an objective answer :3

As for the real answer: it depends a lot on how the controller will be used. Looking at the current gen controllers, I'm a bit inclined to say the 360 controller, but purely if the PS3 controller isn't modified. I've got a comfort grip on mine with modified analog heads, which make the controller quite a bit more comfortable (and a bit bigger, which is better for me).

Reactions: Scuba156

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I used to think that the GC controller was the best ever made, but then I put my hands on a black, wired Xbox360 controller for my PC and suddenly that became my controller of choice.
Sure the dpad isn't that great, but I find it actually better then the tiny GC dpad.
The GC controller is actually more comfortable to hold I like very much the idea of the different shaped buttons that feel great and are easy to tell apart, but the joystick cap is obviously inferior to the concave 360 analog thumbs, especially if you tend to sweat a lot while gaming, they can be very slippery.

I was a fan of the dual shock 2 prior to that, but I found the analogs sticks better placed and better shaped on the 360's.
DS4 ? It's a little weird, it looks more comfortable that DS3 and with better triggers, but that touch pad seems redundant and tackled on.

So, I'd say xbox 360 for me all the way, even better if I can find and apply a nice dpad mod !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld