Emulation 60 fps BotW mod. (If your hardware can handle it)

Xalphenos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me start off by saying this will not increase performance. If you get 30 now you will get half speed 30 with this “mod”. At the moment this is really only valid for use in shrines since physics are now set to be full speed at 60 fps.

The reason I held off releasing this is because this pack should really just be considered a proof of concept. It was only a hasty altering of one line of code so that I could get a few other eyes on it and make sure I wasn’t convincing myself of something that wasn’t real. I was actually debugging the routine that calls gx2setGPUfence to try and figure out why 20 fps felt like full speed on my AMD card and felt slow on my NVIDIA card.

I wanted to do a full on hack of the system before releasing but I really haven’t had much time since discovering it yesterday. I found it about an hour or so before going to work and only did a little more debugging today before I went to work. It’s about to be the weekend so maybe I’ll get some time to really dive into it. I’ve had so many people ask me for it now I’ve decided to go ahead and release the test pack I sent to a few people.

To answer two quick questions I’ve had several times so far.

1. What about 30 out doors?
Basically I’ve really only scratched the surface of debugging this thing. It may turn out to be completely simple or completely complicated. I’ve some ideas if it turns out to be complicated but I’m not really ready to abandon the idea that it may be simple. I find assembly hacking/debugging very fun. So I’m going to keep working on it in my spare time.

2. Is there a soft cap of 30 outdoors?
I’m not sure. I think it was Epigramx who said it but “I can’t hack you better hardware” While it would be cool to find some magical 30 fps lock that can be turned off I’m highly skeptical of that being the case. There are actually a few people who have reported getting 60 in the open world with skip fence on. So I’m pretty sure 30 fps outdoors is a hardware limitation.

TLDR: This is basically a proof of concept. Try it out in shrines. I’ll try to dig deeper as I have time.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/292707796175290369/348016154746421249/BotW_60fps.zip

Last edited by Xalphenos,

Xalphenos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. extract the download to your graphics packs folder. Make sure you have the latest cemuhook. Activate the 60 fps "graphics pack" like any other graphics pack.
Prepare yourself for exhilaratingly smooth shrines and menus and half speed game world.... For now.... Remember the proof of concept part.

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah. extract the download to your graphics packs folder. Make sure you have the latest cemuhook. Activate the 60 fps "graphics pack" like any other graphics pack.
Prepare yourself for exhilaratingly smooth shrines and menus and half speed game world.... For now.... Remember the proof of concept part.
Oh oops I thought the zip download was the same videos as /r/cemu for some reason.

Xalphenos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick update. Shortly after making it public and people started trying it some systems ended up having a problem with it. #botw_discussion later discovered an extra line from an original internal release was needed to be added for some systems to patches.txt for each game version.

So if this thread was your source for this and you're scratching your head wondering why It's not working in shrines for you then this may be why. Link in the original message has been updated.

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
Having retrieved the graphic pack from this thread, I gotta say it's fantastic. As has already been said, it's really not possible to get a smooth 60FPS outdoors yet but I'm hoping it would be possible to make a pack where the framerate is somewhere in 40's. Can't even get 60fps in some larger shrines (GTX 1080, i7 7700k)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1