Hacking 6.x.x.x firmware 2ds

bbcali89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just throwing my two cents in the ring.

Best setup for the o3ds is 9.0-9.2 sys nand auto booting to crt boot with the following options

Rx emu
Pasta gba / dsi
Homebrew
is this also the most stable and compatible with games tho ?
I want to be able to run 99% of games. and avoid crashes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also I thought rx and pasta were together now ?

i have a 2ds version 7.2 with rxtools 2.6 and go exploit, is stable and easy to make it
noted. thanks !

(what is go exploit ?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
To install the MSET exploit, you should get a DS flashcard. Any one should work as long as it isn't blocked on 6.3.0-12U
If you don't have one already, I personally recommend the R4i Gold 3DS from r4ids.cn (I believe this is the one) because of its low price. It also supports pretty much every DS game with Wood R4 so it's a nice addition if you'd like to play DS games. I believe nds-card is a good place to get them.
That one should work on 3DS firmware up to 10.3, so you should be okay.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong and I'm not thinking of the correct R4, there's so many kinds of R4 clones out there.)

It might need to have its firmware updated to run on your 3DS, but I think, at least depending on the place you buy it from, that they may be updating them before shipping them (or you might be able to ask their customer support, I'm not sure. Never used those websites.)

If you're willing to spend a bit more, the DSTwo is also a very good choice. More expensive, but you have more features. If all you want to do is install the MSET exploit though, any DS flashcard will work as long as it's able to run on 6.3.0
MSET can be installed via Internet if your Browser isn't absent.

- Copy /mset/rxinstaller.bin to SD root
- Visit http://dukesrg.github.io/?rxinstaller.bin with 3DS browser
- After loaded the webpage, the screen should freeze a short time then pops up an error message. That's the success. If the error message doesn't pop up, retry it.

Reactions: Deleted-236924
D

Deleted-236924

- After loaded the webpage, the screen should freeze a short time then pops up an error message. That's the success. If the error message doesn't pop up, retry it.
I was unaware of this, I looked up info on MSET online and read you had to install it from DS mode homebrew.
Turns out this method is mentioned in the rxtools tutorial I followed at the time, just I skipped over that part because I was using a DS flashcart and the tutorial told me to skip ahead :P

Mike Medtux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

also I thought rx and pasta were together now ?

noted. thanks !

(what is go exploit ?

write this in the browser url: http://3ds.reboot.ms and select rxTools.dat .. and launch cfw ...

note :only works whith internet

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You don't want to downgrade to 4.5 regardless, because the 2DS only supports a minimum of 6.0 I'm pretty sure downgrading any further would cause problems.

Good thing to know. in theory couldn't I just go to rxtools at current fw. and then update using a rom and then go to 9.2 and reinstall rx ?
Tested 4.2 on 2ds. Results: BRICKED. Don't do it past 6.0.

D

Deleted-236924

What? What happens if I do...?
If you install the 4.x system settings on a 2DS, doing a system format semi-bricks your 3DS, because it will ask you to turn the 3D slider all the way up. You can't get past that.
You can still play games from Slot-1 by holding A/B/X/Y while powering on the 3DS, but that's about it. I believe the only way to fix it is to flash a nand backup with a hardmod.

bbcali89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently did a 2ds Rx tools with Mset 6.0 ds profile exploit, and it was great. no browser required.
how did you doit? mset exploit?

mset is just an entry exploit like oot or ninjhax right ?

where do i get mset/rxinstaller.bin?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you install the 4.x system settings on a 2DS, doing a system format semi-bricks your 3DS, because it will ask you to turn the 3D slider all the way up. You can't get past that.
You can still play games from Slot-1 by holding A/B/X/Y while powering on the 3DS, but that's about it. I believe the only way to fix it is to flash a nand backup with a hardmod.

Couldn't you use Cubic Ninja or some other game card hax to fix it, especially if you can just do that button combo? I imagine you could just boot into FBI and reinstall the 6.x system settings app.

D

Deleted-236924

I tried, you can't actually start up a *hax when system is not set up.
Tried with oot3dhax

On 10.3, was working fine when used normally, but then I did a system format and powered it off, then checked to see if I'd be able to run oot3dhax from holding ABXY on power on. No dice.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: daxtsu

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I tried, you can't actually start up a *hax when system is not set up.
Tried with oot3dhax

On 10.3, was working fine when used normally, but then I did a system format and powered it off, then checked to see if I'd be able to run oot3dhax from holding ABXY on power on. No dice.

Interesting that you can't use it until the initial setup is done. Ah well.

bbcali89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed mset exploit. got rx to boot. and i go to dump nand and it goes all the way to end and its just stuck there at full bars... ??

bbcali89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why didn't you look up your rxTools zip pack?
Melon this has been quite headache inducing. lol

I managed to get oot hax working on 2ds. which is now 9.2

But I still need help getting the cfw going. I just can't figure it out . Which nightly do I use?

I tried one and it failed to dump the nand which I apparently need for the emunand. I mean it's just confusing man.

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can stay on 6.X and use a flashcard to install MSET if you don´t have browser i don´t liked autoboot because it crashes a lot you can play the newest games region free games and mods

Melon this has been quite headache inducing. lol

I managed to get oot hax working on 2ds. which is now 9.2

But I still need help getting the cfw going. I just can't figure it out . Which nightly do I use?

I tried one and it failed to dump the nand which I apparently need for the emunand. I mean it's just confusing man.
Use gateway launcher to do that it never failed me use the newest version or the 2.6 version from the official site but the newest has autoboot

Last edited by Rioluwott,

bbcali89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can stay on 6.X and use a flashcard to install MSET if you don´t have browser i don´t liked autoboot because it crashes a lot you can play the newest games region free games and mods

Use gateway launcher to do that it never failed me use the newest version or the 2.6 version from the official site but the newest has autoboot

How to run gateway launcher? this is honestly more confusing than psp modding even in the beginning geez lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw