Hacking 6.60ME (leda installed) can't get 1.50 apps working

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I haven't thoroughly read every post, but if you're still trying to load the 1.50 homebrew on 6.60 ME, you could try eLoader: http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/eloader-prx.html

Basically you run this app, and then using it, run the homebrew that requires 1.50. It makes at least some of them work on newer CFW, so I guess it's worth a try.

Also, if it's a 1.50 homebrew, it is probably kxploited which means it is split over two folders; I believe recombining the two EBOOTs into one can make it work better. To do this get PBP Unpacker and open up the two "EBOOT.PBP" files in it. One of them should only have one file in it, the other one should have more files. Take the one file from the one that only has one and put it into the other EBOOT. Then you should have one EBOOT with all the files in it, which is the one you should put on your MS. (if it isn't split over two files, it is a 1.00 homebrew; the exact same as a 1.50 homebrew, but not kxploited)

Reactions: Retrovertigo

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, if it's a 1.50 homebrew, it is probably kxploited which means it is split over two folders; I believe recombining the two EBOOTs into one can make it work better.

It's not in this case.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah OK. My suggestion of eLoader is still valid, it can load homebrew regardless of whether it is kxploited or not.

It's a good point you raised though, both that of the kxploiting and eloader. Sadly the emulator in question is no better though (and yes i really did test, rather than pretend test) so i'd have to say there's something else at fault with respect to this emulation issue.

Retrovertigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a sandisk 4gb card - it just says it is a Sandisk pro duo card. It doesn't have any other details on it.

But I have a Sony 2gb pro duo. Just tried that card with another rom (I have two FF6 roms. One that is original and one that has been hacked with a new story (from different sources) they both do exactly the same lag thing in battles. Tried all combinations of card and roms.

As I say though - on 5.00 M33 the game worked fine with the same rom and mem card. It's not the end of the world if I can't get it working. I updated to play FF8 off the PSN store and I'm happy with that at the moment.

edit: sorry, missed the post about that loader. I'll give it a try. For whatever reason that older emu worked for me much better. Not doubting that people have the newer one working fine - there are plenty of posts online of people happy with it. But for whatever reason it isn't working for me.

Pity Ruka isn't around anymore as I'd love to know exactly what is stopping his version of the emu running on this newer firmware.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Pity Ruka isn't around anymore as I'd love to know exactly what is stopping his version of the emu running on this newer firmware.

Although given that i actually installed the 1.50 kernel and tested for you (admittedly on 5.00M33-6 but that's by the by)...yes i really did....you'd gain nothing even if it was compatible since they perform the same. There has to be some issue causing this, and if others on 6.60 don't have it then you may be best disabling all plugins, disabling MS Speed up, ensuring game clock speed isn't at lower values and variations of them.

FFVI is fully speed on both Ruka's 1.50 Snes9xtyl++ and Snes9xtylmecm.....and as i said, if anything mecm is fractionally faster.

Retrovertigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate everything you have tried for me, I really do.

But I don't know what to say other than I have tried everything I can. Ruka's worked fine on 5.00 M33 and mecm doesn't work well for me on 6.60me.

Bare in mind that 6.60 is a fresh install on my PSP. The only other plugin I have installed is pops loader (I've tried it with that disabled). Otherwise, mem card is newly formatted and the roms are ones I have played in the past.

I am not trying to be argumentative I hope you realise? Just that for me personally, I can't find out what is wrong as there isn't really anything else left to check. I've tried a different mem card, different rom, clock speeds are set ok.

It's fine if I can't get it to work. I can only reiterate that for me there is obviously an issue and I have exhausted all possibilities I think? Thanks again....it IS appreciated.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
But I don't know what to say other than I have tried everything I can. Ruka's worked fine on 5.00 M33 and mecm doesn't work well for me on 6.60me.

Sorry for being a grump - you have to understand what's driving me nuts in this instance is this implied solution of Ruka's ++ emulator....it's apparent that both that and mecm are fine on 5.00M33 (the firmware i tested on) and seemingly not on 6.60. The implication there is the firmware is at fault, NOT the emulator. mecm seems superior to Ruka's old eboot and it's certainly more recently updated.

So yep, call me irritable and you're absolutely right, but please shift your sights away from Ruka's beta and more to finding something that plays well with whatever firmware you're using....or just downgrade again...

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dont mean to invade on someone elses problem but in all honesty, i could never get FF6 to run properly either IIRC. It was very laggy during the Mode7 intro when all the robots were walking to the town and I remember just giving up on it and getting the PSX version instead. I tried pretty much every version of a SNES emu i could find (Im running 6.60 ProC on a PSP2000) so there are issues with this somewhere along the line. I too, would be interested to know why its running nigh on perfect for some, and not for others.

I was running at 333 and even tried chopping and changing frameskips and hacks but couldnt get it anywhere near what it was like on the snes either.

Retrovertigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is odd for sure. The mode 7 stuff (which was laggy as anything for me on older emus) plays full speed and absolutely fine with the mecm emu.So there is a a difference there for both of us just for starters.

Perhaps it is just combinations of rom, mem card, psp version, firmware etc etc, that causes issues. There are a lot of variables after all.

I've even tried with lowest sound settings etc now, and it doesn't seem to affect performance at all. I'm lost, but don't want to downgrade as I will miss out on PSN stuff which is more important to me at the moment. I'm just wanting to mess with this now as I don't like to be beaten :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1