Hacking 4.1.0 - SX OS - Do I update to 5.1?

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on 5.1.0 from 3.0.0 and I'm enjoying all the latest games and shit with only 3 burnt fuses so yea I would say it's worth it. It's not that difficult.

You have a better chance of seeing bigfoot or nessie than getting warm/cold boot any time Soon™.

GBCTEMP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm on 5.1.0 from 3.0.0 and I'm enjoying all the latest games and shit with only 3 burnt fuses so yea I would say it's worth it. It's not that difficult.

You have a better chance of seeing bigfoot or nessie than getting warm/cold boot any time Soon™.

Do you have AutoRCM installed? I wanna stay away from that after reading all the threads on here about batteries reaching 0%.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have AutoRCM installed? I wanna stay away from that after reading all the threads on here about batteries reaching 0%.
Yes I do and I have not had my switch run down, but then I don't power it off unnecessarily. Sleep mode works fine and that's where it stays when sleeping.

gabru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Only if youre okay with being forced to use autocrm

That's why I'm staying at 4.1.0 without using the method to update without burning efuses... But I have time till' I finish Skyrim and some other games. Also have the ps3 with "backup" loader enjoying Ni No Kuni... If I had waited until now I can continue doing that...

EDIT: And I have SX PRO from first batch, but most likely giving it to my lil brother 'cause he updated his.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's why I'm staying at 4.1.0 without using the method to update without burning efuses... But I have time till' I finish Skyrim and some other games. Also have the ps3 with "backup" loader enjoying Ni No Kuni... If I had waited until now I can continue doing that...

EDIT: And I have SX PRO from first batch, but most likely giving it to my lil brother 'cause he updated his.
What do you have against autorcm if you haven't even used it yourself?

I agree though, if you have no clue what you are doing and are unsure of your skills, then you probably shouldn't be tinkering with anything that you are not willing to lose from a simple mistake.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What games require 5.1?

I'm on 4.1, and considering I'm self imposing a ban by not going online, I don't see any real need to go up to 5.1 until there are some games worth playing that require it. The pinned comment that lists minimum firmware requirements hasn't been updated in a while and lists nothing requiring 5.1.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What games require 5.1?

I'm on 4.1, and considering I'm self imposing a ban by not going online, I don't see any real need to go up to 5.1 until there are some games worth playing that require it. The pinned comment that lists minimum firmware requirements hasn't been updated in a while and lists nothing requiring 5.1.

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
5.x.x

Fallen Legion: Rise To Glory
5.x.x

Fushigi no Gensoukyou TOD -RELOADED-
5.X.X

LEGO The Incredibles
5.X.X

MotoGP 18
5.x.x

OCTOPATH TRAVELER
5.x.x

Shelter Generations
5.x.x

Slain: Back From Hell
5.x.x

The Mahjong
5.X.X

Taiko no Tatsujin: Nintendo Switch Version!

Cartoon Network Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion

Closed Nightmare

Fushigi no Gensoukyou TOD -RELOADED-

Go Vacation

LEGO The Incredibles

Octopath Traveler

Rockman X Anniversary Collection 2

Shining Resonance Refrain

Shining Resonance Refrain

Sonic Mania Plus

The Coma Recut

All-Star Fruit Racing

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What games require 5.1?

I think they stopped listing because there's an easy way to know. Every "scene release" that is listed on "nswdb" has a column that says which version is required (or which version comes on the cartridge), so its easy to know now which games need which versions.

Reactions: regnad

GBCTEMP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I do and I have not had my switch run down, but then I don't power it off unnecessarily. Sleep mode works fine and that's where it stays when sleeping.

Even if I managed to keep my Switch fully charged, knowing me I'd most likely forget to boot using the patch and accidentally upgrade the cartridge slot firmware so I think it's for the best that I wait and see if the scene comes up with other solutions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1