pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
spayrosam said:
pepxl said:
@spayrosam

V4 is announced in the OP but you still haven't added the download link yet you gave it in another thread?

SORRY!!

Believe me, it's hell for me. (V5)
hate2.gif

I'll be crazy..

lol sounds like it going well, if its like previous versions it should be good and cant wait for it release

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
I've written a rather complicated batch program to batch decompile all the wads in a folder to banner.bin, icon.bin, and sound.bin and then further decompile them to all the images/animations/sound files from those wads into seperate folders automatically, and atm it is 1 click and afk and works flawless. I'd be glad to share it with you if it will help, but I'm not sure it conforms to you current method.

I'm atm working to add in the function to convert the *.tpl files in each of those folders to a usable format and be named the same as their original name, inside of a folder whose name contains the name and title ID of the original wad.

1. I need to figure out some way to extract the header information (Title ID and Name) by command line so that after the full conversion and splicing is done the resulting images' file names contain the correct Name followed by the title ID. (Renaming mass amounts of files manually is a PITA.)

2. Im also quite curious how you accomplished piecing together the covers from those files... maybe if you mind sharing your method of doing that we can incorporate my batch process into your app and simplify things a bit and move from there. Send me a pm or something xD.

If I can accomplish this task and incorporate your method of splicing images to make covers, and have it one click, I plan on creating a repository which is accessible from a loader to automatically download these covers. (Since WiiTDB is not really accepting them as far as I know.)

I'll personally add around 400 covers to that repository.

After that I want to help you create a similar program that uses passing arguments to programs to do the iso/dol creating process automatically... It can be done, since I successfully compiled the Segher's Wii.GIT and Magicus's Tools, I think they can be tweaked to accomplish what we want to do.

Not everyone will necessarily need the cover maker once the repository is set up, since most will be hard pressed to have many wads whose covers are not in it. I just found this to be more of a priority (To me) since I have like 300 missing covers on my loader (LOL) And the ones that are there dont show what console they came from or what controller you need, etc.

Let me know how I can help, and maybe we should trade scripts and poke around some. =P

spayrosam

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mugotu said:
I'm atm working to add in the function to convert the *.tpl files in each of those folders to a usable format and be named the same as their original name, inside of a folder whose name contains the name and title ID of the original wad.

1. I need to figure out some way to extract the header information (Title ID and Name) by command line so that after the full conversion and splicing is done the resulting images' file names contain the correct Name followed by the title ID. (Renaming mass amounts of files manually is a PITA.)

To extract game name, ID and all pics (banner /icon)(*.png)

Edit Code:
Blabla..

untested but i think it work 99%
wink.gif

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
different approach than I was taking.... i used u8tools the whole way so I only get sound.bin icon.bin and banner.bin from the first extract from a wad..... I'll try getting the name/title with fcut from that output somehow...

Trying to find something 64bit alternative to fcut since I gotta run it in virtualbox atm (which eats tons of cycles on my shetty pc...not good for debugging) , hopefully I don't need to move to a different language xD.......

I'll reply with my code as soon as I splice in some of yours.

BTW how did you combine the outputted images to the right positions via magictools(convert.exe)?

spayrosam

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
boto12 said:
spayrosam said:
@mugotu
soon, I need help..

@boto12
info!!
usb loader / game / cios ...

Sorry, i post more details in the other post.

Well,
I first revert Cios to rev17, then try to create iso with v3, v4. I redump my nand, full, simple.
Also try to change 3force.dol to all possible versions.

Loaders i use first Wiiflow, CFG Loader, and USB loader GX.

The tested game was Dr. Mario (I try PAL and NTSC version)

3 ISO'S Studio has crap V2.2
if i use crap V2.3, i get codedump!!
delete 3loader.dol
create your ISO
run your iso with default video stetting (usb loader)
triiforwarders folder must be in fat 32 partition (HDD) or Fat** (SD)
wink.gif

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Heres how far I got in editting that code. It processes every wad in the wad folder down all the way down to png files and
"txt" files containing Title and TitleID of the wad, all in its own folder.

Limitations:
Wads with '&' characters must be renamed to work with this. If it finds them it will move them to a special folder to be
anually renamed. It also will automatically rename any wads with '-' characters in the name, since u8tools can't process them.
Needs 32-bit OS (using virtualbox or vmware with tinyxp beast edition works)

Next Update:
Cover compilation.
Handle '&' characters in filenames
Convert to Autoit

@Spyropasm... I used alot of your code but I wrote ALOT all over again to simplify it some and improve performance. Im
sure it can be optimized more but its very tedious making this shet work with long paths/filenames because of the spaces and "s.

If I figure out how you made your covers so nice damn I could make this do all 1 click xD.

Folder tree:
treehm.jpg

EDIT: Code removed

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
working on trying to fix the '&' character problem today.... '&' ofc is the special character in dos/autoit used for linking commands. after that I think I think I will rewrite this in autoit, and then add the image splicing. Autoit is gonna help us alot because we can create a gui and automate our way through the other processes which dont accept command line arguments (ie wiiscrubber, partition builder), and allow toggling the options to use imd5/lz77 removal on wads that wont unpack with the normal method.

BTW, if I use imd5 and lz77 removal before u8tool will I get MORE images? Im getting 7 from banner and 3 from the icon bins...If for some stupid reason there are more images in these files that aren't coming out I'll reenable that feature.

Out of 400 WW/VC wads only 3 failed upon use of u8tool on first extract, maybe those 3 use a different combo of compression and need that imd5/lz77 routine first. The ones that failed with my old script (Havent tested with new script):
F-Zero X
Pool Revolution - Cue Sport
Wave Race 64

spayrosam

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@mugotu
Great work
wink.gif

I have more than 7000 lines (No kidding!), I think my work can be optimized..

I need some Help

If you set your Language, you get cover on your language (SNES and NES covers)
: EN : FRA : ESP : GER : ITA : HOL

language.jpg

region.jpg

To create covers with more info I need the manual (game manual)
who can analyze "SNES and NES" NTSC Wad's

Here an example
Pal analyze
Zodas Revenge - StarTropics II PAL.wad
Analyze 00000005.app
analyze00000005app.png

Analyze lzh8emanual.arc
analyzelzh8emanualarc.png

Analyzes "Tartropicii" folder
analyzestartropiciifold.png

other wad
Super Probector Alien Rebels PAL.wad

Analyze 00000005.app

ohterwadanalyze00000005.png

Analyze emanual.arc

ohterwadanalyzeemanuala.png

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
hmmm if you dont need any more files than the manual arc i'll the 005.app and extract the manual arc should only be a few lines of code added, any other files need to be extracted? I could make it extract ALL app files with very little editting of the script but that would take a lot of disc space and slow it down alot (400 wads are ~7gb before extracted... I cant imagine what they would be completely decompiled LOL)..... maybe we should talk on msn or something. Changing over to autoit will open up tons of new possibilities and is very similar to the way we are using DOS just very much extended. Seems the code will need to analyze a csv or html file to figure out which folder to extract images from?

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
I incorporated extracting all .app files and then extracts all the .arc files. Code is now almost 100 lines shorter due to the new fcut loop I made below.

Anyways, the batch I posted extracts any wad on my pc, ntsc and pal. So I'm not sure what you mean. wadunpacker>u8tool> Works on all my wads atm. Maybe you need the newest version of both of those? message me and Ill upload the whole app i made and send you if you want.

Only having problems with 000000001.app and 000000006.app extracting, I always get errors on that no matter which tool or wad I use.

EDIT: Code removed.

spayrosam

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@mugotu
Great Work
wink.gif

To add snes nes covers info
It is only for German covers

Edit:
Blabla..

Generate German Covers info (if you set German language)
Generate only pics/manual (if you set other language)

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
haha ok, lemme catch up on all that...

Any idea how to extract 000000001.app, 000000006.app, or Huf8_SpeakerSe.arc?

Im just curious what they contain before I remove them from my script for processing (they throw errors at the moment).

spayrosam

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mugotu said:
haha ok, lemme catch up on all that...

Any idea how to extract 000000001.app, 000000006.app, or Huf8_SpeakerSe.arc?

Im just curious what they contain before I remove them from my script for processing (they throw errors at the moment).

oh!
No idea !!
unsure.gif

needed file are
000000000.app => opening.bnr (Banner / icon)
000000005.app => manual (SEGA / N64 / Commodore / TurboGraphx / SNES / NES )
000000003.app => manual (Arkade)

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
btw i didn't know the trailer is just a copy of 000000000.app xD... you can get the name/ID from both.

Huf8_SpeakerSe.arc is inside 000000004.app and the rest of the arc files there have alot of images. I'm going to convert them and see what they are, maybe somehting useful for us is there xD.

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, looks like even I could use it! Neat idea, perhaps I shall use it in the future. Also looks like a lot of people will be able to do some more cool things with it. Always great to see progress.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet +1