Hacking 3DS System Update April 25th! Will Flashcards still work?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how they will go about with the patching process of games. Will they be supplied on the eShop, and any attempt to connect online with an updated game version will direct us to that update on the eShop? With update-able games that you have physically, how will they handle game saves if they include new content? Will it be a dual save method of saving to both the gamecard and the SD card?

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woo, cannot wait!

I'll probably update right away, then update my acekard/supercard using my cousins dsi next week. Assuming it needs to be updated/there is a fix by then.

I wish there was a message system similar to psn/xbox. Like, a little blue light would show up when you get a new message and you could press home, check and reply, then return to where you were. And make it instant. Swapnote takes too long.
Never going to happen though.
It doesn't take THAT long to doodle up a quick note on Swapnote. But there should have been a way to message in the Home menu or atleast add a damn keyboard to Swapnote.
Also, NN might feature that,

Reactions: 1 person

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woo, cannot wait!

I'll probably update right away, then update my acekard/supercard using my cousins dsi next week. Assuming it needs to be updated/there is a fix by then.

I wish there was a message system similar to psn/xbox. Like, a little blue light would show up when you get a new message and you could press home, check and reply, then return to where you were. And make it instant. Swapnote takes too long.
It doesn't take THAT long to doodle up a quick note on Swapnote. But there should have been a way to message in the Home menu or atleast add a damn keyboard to Swapnote.
I didn't mean that it took long to write a note in Swapnote, it just takes long to send it (it doesn't send when you finish, it sends whenever the next spotpass "sync" happens.)

And we have to leave our running app / game to go into SN. :/

Reactions: 1 person

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woo, cannot wait!

I didn't mean that it took long to write a note in Swapnote, it just takes long to send it (it doesn't send when you finish, it sends whenever the next spotpass "sync" happens.)

And we have to leave our running app / game to go into SN. :/
Well, your 3DS sends out a "sync" every 10 seconds or so, so its not THAT long. But yeah, a quick note addition to the Friends List would be awesome.

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
can the 3ds brick from turning off system update? I mean I would have thought nintendo learned by now and just follow what the ps3 does if someone accidentally turns off while in asystem update.

Still FOLDERS FTW!

Izzy011

The Business Bitch
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you create the folders? Or is that coming tomorrow?

Edit: Never mind, you just have to go to an empty space and the option comes up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Why so serious!