Hacking 3DS sold out within a day in Japan

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably old news but I just thought those of you thinking you'll give it a few days and see how things go might want to look at this and give that preorder a little more thought.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/...eted-in-One-Day

There are more on the way of course, but the initial shipment for Japan completely sold out within a matter of hours. As expected, people are going apeshit over the 3DS, they're gonna be selling like this here too, I reckon. Go preorder one now, I say. I've had mine set aside for months now, got half of it paid off already because I suspected something like this would happen.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are idiots shitting bats over it in my local areas too. The worst part is we don't see it for a month.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
glad i pre-ordered, then
biggrin.gif

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it makes me wonder if the games sold out
i preordered my aqua blue with streetfighter as even if there are games, i dont want to go into a crowded store with reckless people in it
'its much easier to just get the game at the same time
my only worry is that they will run out before all who preordered it get one
aka they sold too many preorders
that would be terrible

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember there being this much of a fuss when the DS was released in my area. There were maybe 20 other people at my retail store on the morning of launch, and they had more than enough units. I think I'll just take my chances, and I'm not really interested in any of the games anyways.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Our Gamestop didn't even get enough preorders for a midnight launch.
At least I won't have to fight for my unit.

C

croagunk.master

bowser said:
I'm so glad barely anyone has heard of Nintendo in my country. I can just hop over to my local game store and pick one up anytime
smile.gif

But it will probably sell for around $300 atleast
frown.gif

True and sad. Nobody well almost nobody knows about Nintendo here.

EDIT: Kinda off-topic but I lol'd extremely hard at this. Look at what they've put for the picture of the 3DS. You really don't expect something like this from India's national newspaper!

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
DeMoN said:
I don't remember there being this much of a fuss when the DS was released in my area. There were maybe 20 other people at my retail store on the morning of launch, and they had more than enough units. I think I'll just take my chances, and I'm not really interested in any of the games anyways.
DS was new, 3DS is piggybacking off the DS' success.
Expect to be disappointed.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
croagunk.master said:
bowser said:
I'm so glad barely anyone has heard of Nintendo in my country. I can just hop over to my local game store and pick one up anytime
smile.gif

frown.gif

EDIT: Kinda off-topic but I lol'd extremely hard at this. Look at what they've put for the picture of the 3DS. You really don't expect something like this from India's national newspaper!
LOL! This proves my point. They're writing about something they've barely heard of.

Editor: Quick! I want an article about the new 3D game system from Mintendo or whatever in an hour. We have to publish it before the others!
Reporter: OK! *does a quick google search*
Reporter: Done! I've added a nice picture too.
Editor: Looks great. Good job!

On-topic: I'm expecting the 3DS to sell out very quickly (like, in a day or two) in the other regions too.

C

croagunk.master

qlum said:
of course its sold out within its a common trick to ship to little devices at launch to get more hype the only console/handheld I can remember wasn't sold out at launch was the gamecube.

No, not really. It sold 400K on the first day beating the other dses by a HUGE margin. Ninty didn't expect this and hence it got sold out.

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
croagunk.master said:
bowser said:
smile.gif

frown.gif

now that i think about it, when i went India last year, all the electronic stores had PSPs, PS3s and Xbox 360s but only a few had the Wii and i don't think i saw any of them selling the DS. o.O

Back on topic: Good thing i pre-ordered mine, but at the same time i don't really think there's much of a problem as i'm getting it from a store thats specialized in loads of things, while there's 2 major gaming stores on the same street.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.