GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, thanks.
I'm missing the rupee fairy ;)
I still need to do all the littles games (baseball, chicken, etc.) to get the latest hearts, so I'll go everywhere again.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
how_do_i_do_that:
I think your save file is not useful to other users.

- I think since 2.2.0+ you can't restore an old (different than the last saved in the cartridge) backup with the NDS Apadpter Plus. Did you try to restore an old save of yours?
- The NDS adaptor Plus format is not compatible with gateway format. At least for games with a 128k savegame file. It can't be converted without decrypting/re-encrypting the savegame partitions after expanding them to 512k.

And if ever your 128k file was compatible with gateway without expanding its size, you can't restore 512k gateway save to your card. In both case only gateway users can restore shared savegames until there's a released save editor (3DSFuse; 3DS Explorer?).
Could someone with a Gateway/Gold/link flashcart and US Zelda ROM test placing the 128k file on his SD card?

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that:
I think your save file is not useful to other users.

- I think since 2.2.0+ you can't restore an old (different than the last saved in the cartridge) backup with the NDS Apadpter Plus. Did you try to restore an old save of yours?
- The NDS adaptor Plus format is not compatible with gateway format. At least for games with a 128k savegame file. It can't be converted without decrypting/re-encrypting the savegame partitions after expanding them to 512k.

And if ever your 128k file was compatible with gateway without expanding its size, you can't restore 512k gateway save to your card. In both case only gateway users can restore shared savegames until there's a released save editor (3DSFuse; 3DS Explorer?).
Could someone with a Gateway/Gold/link flashcart and US Zelda ROM test placing the 128k file on his SD card?

THIS.
The only reason we CAN sharegames is because we are all using the same dumps, for example

Either a VENOM release for USA
a ABSTRAKT release for EUR.

Like Cyan said, savegames are STILL encrypted AFAIK, and your games are a different copy than the different available ones in the scene atm (USA/EUR) and will not work because of encryption.

EDIT: i repeat, anyone have a Castlevania Mirror of Fate (USA) savegame and/or Luigis Mansion Dark moon (USA)?
i got one for Castlevania EUR, in case someone wwants.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
hmmm... that might complicates things.

As for not being able to restoring saves without issues has been limited to those games that use NAND saving, Animal Crossing and Pokemon X/Y so far.

---

The 2.2.0+ saves use a different encryption making it harder to edit the contents. In this case I am not editing anything.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I thought it also checked if you restored an old savegame backup.
Was that a wrong information too? (like with the different XOR key per card, it's only different per game-region)
Did you try restoring your own backup (and old one, not the latest backup)?

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes I checked if I can restore a previous save on the retail cart of Zelda link between worlds. It is possible to restore to a previous version of the save for the game even though the SDK is of the 5.X series.

The save game checking done by games have been only a recent invention, basically this year; Animal Crossing came out the the 1st quarter. 2.2.0.4 came out in 2011, that would make the information you got this from is faulty in that manner.

The 3DS development so far only uses 2 types of saves, EEPROM and NAND, EEPROM being the majority of all games.

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I checked if I can restore a previous save on the retail cart of Zelda link between worlds. It is possible to restore to a previous version of the save for the game even though the SDK is of the 5.X series.

The save game checking done by games have been only a recent invention, basically this year; Animal Crossing came out the the 1st quarter. 2.2.0.4 came out in 2011, that would make the information you got this from is faulty in that manner.

The 3DS development so far only uses 2 types of saves, EEPROM and NAND, EEPROM being the majority of all games.

The question remains though. Are savegames truly still encrypted?
What u CAN do is, try restoring those savegames you have to ANOTHER retail cartridge than the ones u currently have, youll find out if savegames are truly exchangeable that way.

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Other than the 2.2.0.4 save type, It is probably a common key to encrypt since the zelda save doesn't get erase when the game is put into another 3DS like it would if you did it with Animal Crossing.

Well the thing is nobody can use powersave due to the header that is added, only other powersave users. I can't test the gateway saves until I get my new gateway flashcarts to test with and from what I found so far, all the saves seem to be blind dumps of the EEPROM save which happens to be 512.

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Other than the 2.2.0.4 save type, It is probably a common key to encrypt since the zelda save doesn't get erase when the game is put into another 3DS like it would if you did it with Animal Crossing.

Well the thing is nobody can use powersave due to the header that is added, only other powersave users. I can't test the gateway saves until I get my new gateway flashcarts to test with and from what I found so far, all the saves seem to be blind dumps of the EEPROM save which happens to be 512.

ah! well keep us up to date, when u get your new gateway and do trial and error, youre pretty much the only person i know with powersave.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
anyone got save file for bravely default with decent amount of villagers at the start ?
3DS Savegame Requests thread, #15 You will have 130 villagers at the start, just change the language.

You are right, only Card2 type are using this protection. (or even maybe only Animal Crossing)

from what I found so far, all the saves seem to be blind dumps of the EEPROM save which happens to be 512.
it could have been a full dump but with only the real card's eeprom's size updated (leaving the 128 end part untouched if not needed), but from what I've checked all the 512k of the flashcart's chipset is used. The data at the end of the .sav is different between saves.
So, without a save editor (an keys) we can't resize the partitions.

I still think that your save could be compatible with flashcart, as the partition size is stored in the header. the game will access only the part defined by your header and will use it like the retail game.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
fizboy said it had 131, so you probably didn't import the save correct?
You had the game in japanese?
Play another game first (not Bravely default) to be sure that the save will be imported next time you launch bravely default. (if you play the same game, it will use the internal save, not the file)

hypertek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either a VENOM release for USA

L
EDIT: i repeat, anyone have a Castlevania Mirror of Fate (USA) savegame and/or Luigis Mansion Dark moon (USA)?
i got one for Castlevania EUR, in case someone wwants.

Sorry for going off topic, but i figured to squeeze in a small question rather than starting a whole new thread. I gave castlevania mirror of fate usa venom a try, and it was in japanese, any idea why i got that? (dead or alive dimensions usa venom was also in japanese) all the other roms Ive done where in english.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-