Hardware 3DS - Leaking Screen

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,877
  • Replies 19
D

Deleted User

OP
Because I left my 3ds in my bag and my brother steps on it and now the top screen is leaking, I'm not stupid enough to turn it on again because It is dangerous.
Should I send it in for repair or wait till like christmas and make him buy me an 3DSxl (I did have an ambassador 3ds too.)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, if you sent it in, you could get your ambassador games back. If you make him buy you one, you'd lose access to those ambassador games.

Or you can just get him to buy you a new one, and send the broken one in, that way you have two 3DS'.

Reactions: 1 person

Kiaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy a replacement top screen, disassemble the 3DS, and replace the screen (Being careful, of course, or else you'll break it even more). Otherwise, iono, somehow get a new one?

D

Deleted User

OP
I do understand that nintendo repairs can cost 150+

Personally I haven't ask him about it yet, Ill confront him myself and asks him what he finds the best even if it is bias.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
...I do wonder how a 3D screen works once it's leaking...

Technically it shouldn't "break" if you turn it on, and that's going to be one wicked 3D blob to witness.

Reactions: 1 person

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why was your bag with the 3DS in it , was on the floor? I see that being your fault for putting it in the way of danger. (Just pointing out the other side of the situation.)

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Why was your bag with the 3DS in it , was on the floor? I see that being your fault for putting it in the way of danger. (Just pointing out the other side of the situation.)
Yes, I thought the same. If I walk on something that's not suppose to be on the floor, don't blame me.

@OP : Can make a video of you turning on the 3DS. Since it's scrapped anyway and needs repair it could be fun !!

Pip'

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I do understand that nintendo repairs can cost 150+

Personally I haven't ask him about it yet, Ill confront him myself and asks him what he finds the best even if it is bias.
Personally,I don't think it's fair to make him buy a "better" more expensive system to replace what you had. Just send it to Nintendo, and make him pay the repair cost (if you must). and you'll get to keep your ambassador games that way.

That said, I agree, you definitely shouldn't have left it on the floor. I know I wouldn't blame my bro for stepping on my 3DS if I left it on the floor (unless it was in my room and he went in without my permission or something).

Alternatively, you can have him pay you $150 off the bat and plop down an extra $50 for an XL.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
its his fault for breaking it he should pay for it, no matter where the 3ds is he should watch where he puts his feet, if that was my 3ds i would ask for a new one too.
*Shrug* Whatever you say. It's the owner's job to make sure it's in a place where it'll be safe. It's not anyone else's job to make sure they watch the ground EVERYWHERE they walk (when it's supposed to be a clean floor). That's all I'll say about that.

yuuna

Hello, this is turtle.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
how visible was the bag on the floor? if it was big enough, make him buy you a new one, give him the old one.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would send it in.
They will give you a price and if you think it's too step you can still have them send the broken unit back.
I send in my DS once after I dropped it and they still repaired it for free.

D

Deleted User

OP
Lets answer a few questions
He went into My room and stood on my bag, yes. (not deliberate)
The bag is about the size of a washing basket, very visible.
I may record me turning it on buy I may as well use my SG2 Camera since I'm poor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1