Gaming 3DS DSiWare Transfer Damaged My DSi?!

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, there are a couple Sudoku games that weren't compatible with the 3DS transfer...

But afaik, the EA Sudoku hack wasn't on the list...
So..... Did anyone tried to send the sudoku game to their 3DS yet? (without problems ofcourse
tongue.gif
)

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
HtheB said:
Well, there are a couple Sudoku games that weren't compatible with the 3DS transfer...

So..... Did anyone tried to send the sudoku game to their 3DS yet? (without problems ofcourse
tongue.gif
)

Some people already tried,

The game works perfectly, but obviously the exploit doesn't work anymore.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I got a little question
smile.gif

I got 2 DSi's with dsiware on, can i transffer from both dsi's to 1 3ds?
Both DSi's are linked to the same nintendo account (same as my 3ds)

And to those who already transffered there dsiware, how does dsiware look on the 3ds screen?
(tell me not like DS games, cause that would be awefull)

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, let me get this straight - if the Nintendo servers are so busy that you get a timeout during a download from the DSi shop, your DSi is bricked??

This is what it looks like to me (from my limited knowledge, but I am a programmer and I manage my own web servers).

Edit: I guess that's what you get with thousands of users waiting to download your software on the 7th June... Doh!

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
scandal_uk said:
So, let me get this straight - if the Nintendo servers are so busy that you get a timeout during a download from the DSi shop, your DSi is bricked??

This is what it looks like to me (from my limited knowledge, but I am a programmer and I manage my own web servers).

Edit: I guess that's what you get with thousands of users waiting to download your software on the 7th June... Doh!
The DSi ware transfer and the 2.0 3DS firmware update are two different things...

But anyways, it's not about timeout during the download. Seems like European DSi's get an error at 99% of the download for the DSi ware transfer and bricks the DSi after resetting as the error tells you to do.

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
s4mid4re said:
scandal_uk said:

The DSi ware transfer and the 2.0 3DS firmware update are two different things...

But anyways, it's not about timeout during the download. Seems like European DSi's get an error at 99% of the download for the DSi ware transfer and bricks the DSi after resetting as the error tells you to do.

That behaviour you describe does fit the bill - of course the 3DS update went OK, that's where Ninty concentrated their efforts. But we are all still waiting till 7th June for this transfer app, so maybe the DSi has a bug in the software that doesn't handle server timeouts (which only occur under heavy-traffic or malfunctioning servers).

Edit: I have a UK DSi and 3DS but now I'm hesitating....

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
HtheB said:

tongue.gif
)
Upon checking out the store entry myself it states it DOES require WFC access, so it seems it would just make the 3DS download the patched version from the current store.

Alanturing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
timeout is unlikely

this program probably erase the nand and possible changes the consoles unique key as to not let you have your content on both devices.

that the way i would do it

1.copy data over
2.erase maybe a file system format nand
3.change unique key

iluvfupaburgers

FUPA Luva
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Another World said:
i'm curious to find out if removing the battery clears any part that is holding the 99% transfer or some pointer to it.

might be worth a try before you stay on hold with nintendo for an hour.

-another world
i should have mentioned it on my first post, i did try that. i tried doing the button thing to go to calibration screen, and it didnt work, probably has to do with only certain dsi? ill post pics of my dsi
EDIT:
here are pics of my dsi:
IMG_2624.jpg

IMG_2625.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)