Homebrew 3DNES - NES Emulator

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Woa woa...
Are you saying that basically we can have .3DS version of ALL the emus and have sound with them if we load them up via Gateway?! O.O
I would totally LOVE that!
I hate having to resort to installing the CIA for each app!
It's funny how people's way of thinking differs so much regarding this issue!

I personally prefer .cia files because I don't like clogging up the Gateway menu with homebrew that is hopefully going to get updated quite regularly, and .cia files can also be used by people who don't use Gateway and similar flashcarts (such as people who use CFW). I understand that some people like the fact that .3ds files can be drag-and-dropped, though.

I was a supporter of .3dsx files at first but I've come to view them as problematic. We have to keep our EmuNAND on 9.2 just so we can still use the Cubic Ninja exploit. This is made all the more frustrating by the fact that there's no .3dsx loader in .cia or .3ds format. I understand that people using the Cubic Ninja exploit can only use .3dsx files however. Ultimately somebody is always going to lose out.Most homebrew is distributed in all formats (.3ds, .cia, .3dsx, .elf) but there's always a couple that are only available as .3dsx (useless for people using 9.3+ without Cubic Ninja), just .3ds (useless for people without a flashcart) or just .cia (useless for Ninjhax users).

If all homebrew was in .3dsx and there was a loader we could install as a .3ds or .cia file then it would be a reasonable compromise to ensure maximum compatibility with all existing exploits.

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny how people's way of thinking differs so much regarding this issue!

I personally prefer .cia files because I don't like clogging up the Gateway menu with homebrew that is hopefully going to get updated quite regularly, and .cia files can also be used by people who don't use Gateway and similar flashcarts (such as people who use CFW). I understand that some people like the fact that .3ds files can be drag-and-dropped, though.

I was a supporter of .3dsx files at first but I've come to view them as problematic. We have to keep our EmuNAND on 9.2 just so we can still use the Cubic Ninja exploit. This is made all the more frustrating by the fact that there's no .3dsx loader in .cia or .3ds format. I understand that people using the Cubic Ninja exploit can only use .3dsx files however. Ultimately somebody is always going to lose out.Most homebrew is distributed in all formats (.3ds, .cia, .3dsx, .elf) but there's always a couple that are only available as .3dsx (useless for people using 9.3+ without Cubic Ninja), just .3ds (useless for people without a flashcart) or just .cia (useless for Ninjhax users).

If all homebrew was in .3dsx and there was a loader we could install as a .3ds or .cia file then it would be a reasonable compromise to ensure maximum compatibility with all existing exploits.
This is exactly how I feel about the format war that's been going on in the homebrew scene. Instead of viewing them like Betamax vs VHS or Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD, we should treat them as two pieces of the same puzzle.

Console Wars

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sorry for the double post.

Here is the Ninjhax version of 3DNes that I had on my memory card. I don't know what version this is based on.

Hi, i just registered to say THANKS! I was using FCEUMM3DS on my O3DS, but it worked a little slow, so i will try with this 3DNES.3DSX and see if it works better :). Thanks again for the links!

Reactions: SlimPortable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...