Hacking 3.55 Write To Game Folder!

mrjezbud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So 3.55 stopped users writing to the PSP/GAME folder.

But from testing it appears that anyone using Ark can install vitaftp and then use ftp to add files to PSP/GAME.

So a quick guide for anyone that doesn't understand.

1: Install Ark (This only works when using Ark)
2: get vitaftp and install it using ark (guide for installing Ark should be on GBA temp. If someone can get me a link then i will add it)
3: Open Vitaftp and connect it to your computer using filezilla/winscp or any other ftp program.
4: On your computer navigate to PSP/GAME on the ftp program
5: Drag and drop files into the GAME folder.
6: Result? Writing to PSP/GAME in 3.55 :)

D

Deleted User

Ah, I tried transferring folders to PSP/GAME when I once had a 3.52 Vita, but unfortunately they weren't allowed to be placed there. :(

That's why people at the top of the scene tend to recommend using the PSP-INSTALLER trick, but that's only for firmwares 3.50,3.51 and 5.32 since it requires the email exploit. :(

Last edited by ,

mrjezbud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, I tried transferring folders to PSP/GAME when I once had a 3.52 Vita, but unfortunately they weren't allowed to be placed there. :(

That's why people at the top of the scene tend to recommend using the PSP-INSTALLER trick, but that's only for firmwares 3.50,3.51 and 5.32 since it requires the email exploit. :(
Well it seems to work on 3.55 if you use ftp in Ark.
I have added PBOOT files using this,

D

Deleted User

Well it seems to work on 3.55 if you use ftp in Ark.
I have added PBOOT files using this,
Ah, I was using TN-V. Someone else might confirm your steps working. I can't since I don't have anything to do with higher firmwares.

mrjezbud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, I was using TN-V. Someone else might confirm your steps working. I can't since I don't have anything to do with higher firmwares.
Well people confirmed it in my other post. the one about installing Ark and TN-V at the same time.

One of the steps was to add the TN-V pboot to a PSP/GAME folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well people confirmed it in my other post. the one about installing Ark and TN-V at the same time.

One of the steps was to add the TN-V pboot to a PSP/GAME folder.
I will get some video footage in a moment :)

RyanRDLPS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh this is awesome!
My simple desire of wanting a smaller exploit base game, might have created a breakthrough in the community! Haha!

Question is, I wonder why ARK allows for it, when TN-V flat out won't write...
Something in ARK's code?

Can we get the creative team/creator of ARK in here?

mrjezbud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh this is awesome!
My simple desire of wanting a smaller exploit base game, might have created a breakthrough in the community! Haha!

Question is, I wonder why ARK allows for it, when TN-V flat out won't write...
Something in ARK's code?

Can we get the creative team/creator of ARK in here?
It's not just Ark. I tried it in TN-V.

It turns out we can still write to the folder. We can add files. But we can't add actual new folders.

So its still a problem because without folders we can't use the GAME folder for homebrew.
But its one step closer to getting PSP/GAME back from sony :D

RyanRDLPS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not just Ark. I tried it in TN-V.

It turns out we can still write to the folder. We can add files. But we can't add actual new folders.

So its still a problem because without folders we can't use the GAME folder for homebrew.
But its one step closer to getting PSP/GAME back from sony :D

I tried multiple times to get the FTP to write the PBOOT. I wonder if I was just tired and missed a step, if you were successful. Hmmm...

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
So basically this thread is entirely useless. It doesn't make any difference that we can write individual files to GAME (which I also think is pretty common knowledge to most people who have used any eCFW on the Vita) at all. As long as we can't write folders it doesn't matter.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I have to admit, I did have suspicions about this thread. OP has to realise that Sony will forever block folder write access to PSP/GAME on 3.50 and up now, and that we'd have to probably redirect to another folder instead, which may require a kernel exploit

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I have to admit, I did have suspicions about this thread. OP has to realise that Sony will forever block folder write access to PSP/GAME on 3.50 and up now, and that we'd have to probably redirect to another folder instead, which may require a kernel exploit
At least with Ark and a menu like OneMenu there's no reason to use /GAME anymore anyway. It loads any homebrew folders from /PSP/VHBL and all games from /ISO so it's awesome.

D

Deleted User

At least with Ark and a menu like OneMenu there's no reason to use /GAME anymore anyway. It loads any homebrew folders from /PSP/VHBL and all games from /ISO so it's awesome.
Can we place commercial games in the form of an EBOOT into PSP/VHBL though? I've never installed ARK so I wouldn't know a thing about it. :wink:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee