Golfje

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Guys

I'am currently runnig on firmware 3.2e shall i upgrade to 4.0 or
shall i stay on 3.2e, what is better ????

Filter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screw 4.0 I'm sticking to 3.2U I like my preloader/wads/backups with update blocking very much.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
For the first time in history I got fucked! I didn't know much about Custom Firmwares but the other tutorial did not give a very clear warning....sigh....and so I thought this would be my lucky day. Well it's the most unluckiest day. I've got the 4.0 menu with SD features. But I can NOT install any new WADs AND I can throw away about 10 (trucha-signed) discs. Luckily I can still do emulation and most of the game discs work.

SO PLEASE BE WARNED (which was not the case with me) YOU GOT TO HAVE A CUSTOM FIRMWARE BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!!!

No matter how you look at this. As from now on Wii Hacking isn't "easy" anymore. The good times are gone. Everyone with an older Wii can still do all their stuff when they're being very careful. I was not careful enough for just a second and I immediately had to face the consequences.
I'm very curious what will happen in the next six months. Because let's face it, very soon EVERY new Wii will have the 4.0 system. And then what?

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
berlinka said:
For the first time in history I got fucked! I didn't know much about Custom Firmwares but the other tutorial did not give a very clear warning....sigh....and so I thought this would be my lucky day. Well it's the most unluckiest day. I've got the 4.0 menu with SD features. But I can NOT install any new WADs AND I can throw away about 10 (trucha-signed) discs. Luckily I can still do emulation and most of the game discs work.

SO PLEASE BE WARNED (which was not the case with me) YOU GOT TO HAVE A CUSTOM FIRMWARE BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!!!

No matter how you look at this. As from now on Wii Hacking isn't "easy" anymore. The good times are gone. Everyone with an older Wii can still do all their stuff when they're being very careful. I was not careful enough for just a second and I immediately had to face the consequences.
I'm very curious what will happen in the next six months. Because let's face it, very soon EVERY new Wii will have the 4.0 system. And then what?

Don't worry about it. Be patient.

chaseincats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:

cmon man when 3.4 came out their was chaos too (to a lesser extent after all this is a full number up lol) but they were holding holes they had already found that nintendo didnt notice so just give it a few days they are working hard on it now

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:

I'm sorry to hear that "berlinka". Which tutorial did you follow? I wish you would've tried this one: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=143482

unsure.gif

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
berlinka said:

You can still use the Trucha Signed discs - just use Gecko

berlinka

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the replies mates! And yes, TiMeBoMb4u2, right now I feel so stupid not to have waited, until something like your tutorial would come up. But I chose the "greedy bastard" way, with a tutorial that had no EXPLICIT WARNING for noobs (it was supposedly a noob guide, well I'm probably The Uber Noob)

Still it's nice to hear some voices that speak confidence.

I just sit tight and hope somebody smart will come up with some solution. I'd better chill now and enjoy the games I can still play (I'm so happy I still can play World of Goo)

skawo96 said:

No you can not. I tried all my Trucha Discs and every single one gives a Disc Read Error. All my custom Guitar Hero Discs are non-readable as of now. Also DK Junglebeat, No more heroes (with blood) and off course the uncensored version of Manhunt 2...
Gecko does not do shit in this case (I'm using the 002 error fix one)

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
berlinka said:
skawo96 said:

No you can not. I tried all my Trucha Discs and every single one gives a Disc Read Error. All my custom Guitar Hero Discs are non-readable as of now. Also DK Junglebeat, No more heroes (with blood) and off course the uncensored version of Manhunt 2...

Try running IOS Downgrader (not cIOS Downgrader!).

berlinka

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
skawo96 said:
berlinka said:
skawo96 said:

Try running IOS Downgrader (not cIOS Downgrader!).

Just tried that. It doesn't work. The IOS Downgrader just goes black and goes immediately resets my Wii.
Does it have anything to do with the fact that I did not have a cIOS installed prior to upgrading to 4.0?

I just don't understand everybody says Trucha works after that stupid Kongnutz install thing, but I'm getting nought!
It's very frustrating when reading everybody's succes stories, while I was always so careful and even yesterday only had a clean 3.2E system.

berlinka

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks mate I will try...I'll let you know what happens.

Okay, the cIOS36 rev8 Installer gives an error (as expected since it's a wad)
and the Firmware Updater 4.0 just say restart wii and I have to press A

So this is not working either. Wad installing is destroyed so there's no way I can install anything.

Thanks anyway. I'll just keep on waiting I guess....

PrimusZa1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone just made a way to add the new channels. I guess what I mean is I am really not interested in the enhancements to the SD reader...I just want to make sure no one in my house accidently updates to 4.0 by clicking on the Wiishop channel or some other channel that got updated.. Other then installing the required wads for Animal Crossing, Onslaught and Madworld to run and the last updates to the Mii Channel and WiiShop channel (via wads), It's still on 3.2U and really want to keep it that way till something with its advantages appears, if ever.

dwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:
Does it have anything to do with the fact that I did not have a cIOS installed prior to upgrading to 4.0?

i think it was specificly stated if you didn't have a cios installed prior to updating, your screwed.

don't quote me on this tho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone +1