Hacking 3.0 update released on acekard website

JohnPonce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
i want to update my 3ds to version 3.0.0 but i use acekard 2i.
is it true that when you update your version nintendo can block your flashcard and you cannot use it again?
i saw in the acekard [color=#009900 !important]website[/color] that they have release a [color=#009900 !important]new version[/color] compatible to version 3.0.0
can i update my acekard 2i using my 3ds only or do i need a ds?

help pls :)

What 3DS firmware are you running currently?

my current version is 2.1.0-4 U

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
is it true that when you update your version nintendo can block your flashcard and you cannot use it again?
i saw in the acekard [color=#009900 !important]website[/color] that they have release a [color=#009900 !important]new version[/color] compatible to version 3.0.0

As long as your flashcart (the ak2i) still runs on that 3ds, you'll be able to update without problem. In other words, if your ak2i supports 2.1.0-4, you can update your ak2i to work on 3.0.0

Ok so when I use the correct firmware when it tells me to press start, nothing happens :-(
It'd be easier to identify your problem if you could tell us (1) what system (ds/dsl/dsi/3ds) you are using, and (2) which updater you are trying to use.

JohnPonce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP

As long as your flashcart (the ak2i) still runs on that 3ds, you'll be able to update without problem. In other words, if your ak2i supports 2.1.0-4, you can update your ak2i to work on 3.0.0

Ok so when I use the correct firmware when it tells me to press start, nothing happens :-(
It'd be easier to identify your problem if you could tell us (1) what system (ds/dsl/dsi/3ds) you are using, and (2) which updater you are trying to use.

can i directly update the version of my acekard 2i using 3ds? i will first update my acekard 2i before i update to 3.0.0? is that correct?
can you make a guide pls in updating to 3.0.0.. sorry i only got my 3ds last month so i dont know much. thank you :)

caribou007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will updating the firmware have any effect other than changing the icon and a fix for that one game (which I don't want to play) on a DS Lite? I am using the firmware that's two versions old I think (Dorasu) from around August.

Could someone link to a picture of the new icon please?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Will updating the firmware have any effect other than changing the icon and a fix for that one game (which I don't want to play) on a DS Lite? I am using the firmware that's two versions old I think (Dorasu) from around August.

Could someone link to a picture of the new icon please?
2368.png
The Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian

There's no merit for ds lite/phat users.

wrighty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have some issues with this update, firstly my acekard is a HW:8181, have downloaded the ak2i firmware update(3dsv4), but when it comes to it it has update cancelled ,reboot ds????? doesn't even give me chance to update...

also my 3ds has version 2.2.0-0e???

can someone tell me whats wrong

got the update file from acekard.com

ok updated acekard to 3dsv2...that worked ok...

but still won't do the 3dsv4...shouldnt this be 3dsv3???

ok did the 3dsv3
then v4

crack it..chronicals icon appeared and working on 2.2.0-0e 3ds.... :yaysp:

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bricked one of my AK2i's yesterday by trying to run it on 3.0.0-5 before updating the card to Narnia. I don't know if Nintendo is trying to brick flashcards but it was working perfectly before. It didn't have any contact issues.

I don't know why I did that. :(

I tried using my acekard 2i on my 3DS 3.0.0-5, before using this update, it did not brick my AK2i. I used my DSlite to update the AK2i and all is well.

I also had a problem using the DSi/DSiXL/3DS file to update, it don't work!!!

leonkennedy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Huuummm...

I have a Acekard 2i HW 81 with AKAIO 1.8.9, when I do this update for my 3DS on 3.0.0.5-E, Everything went well.
I have performed the firmware update for my Acekard by my blue NDS Tank.

100% done, no problem during the flash, BUT (because there is a but) when I launch my Acekard 2i (With Narnia icon on the dash) I have 2 white screens on my blue NDS Tank and on my 3DS I have 2 black screens with an error message...

My Acekard is dead? Is there a way to fix it or should I go through the box purchase...

Thank you for your reply

PS: I'm sorry for my poor english but I'm French
Make sure it's not a contact issue or micro sd card failure. Format your micro sd card using the panasonic sd formatter to try and fix it (Note: make sure you back everything in your msd up before formatting).

If neither of those work, you can attempt on reflashing your ak2i by swapping. You can only do this if you have another working flashcart, though. I assume your 'Tank' is an original, phat ds, so any flashcart will be fine.

Thanks a lot for you'r reply! IT'S WORKING!!! You'r Trick working very fine I re-flash my Acekard 2i endomaged by the flash, with a Acekard 2i that works. And my Acekard 2i work again :-)
I launch the flash with the Acekard that work, and when the program tell me: "eject the card" I eject the card and I insert the Acekard 2i endomaged with the same Micro-SD card and the flash run.

Thanks again ;-)

JohnPonce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
will it not brick your 3ds if you update it to 3.0.0
is it true that nintendo can brick your 3ds if you use pirated flashcards when you update?

JohnPonce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
will it not brick your 3ds if you update it to 3.0.0
is it true that nintendo can brick your 3ds if you use pirated flashcards when you update?

nolegirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, all. I have a question. I recently updated my AK2i to support the new 3DS update. However, I had a problem with a file, and had to reformat my card today. Do I need to update my AK2i again using the DSL? I'm asking because when I put my card in my DSL it still showed the Chronicles icon, which is what happened after I updated it. So, am I right to assume that I don't have to update my card again, and I can just put it in my 3DS and all will be well?

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello, all. I have a question. I recently updated my AK2i to support the new 3DS update. However, I had a problem with a file, and had to reformat my card today. Do I need to update my AK2i again using the DSL? I'm asking because when I put my card in my DSL it still showed the Chronicles icon, which is what happened after I updated it. So, am I right to assume that I don't have to update my card again, and I can just put it in my 3DS and all will be well?

YOU ARE CORRECT, SIR
YOU FLASHED THE FIRMWARE OF THE CARD, AND THAT DOES NOT CHANGE
ENJOY PLAYING AND DO THE NEEDFUL

gbaguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,
So I recently got a 3DS so wanted to do this update. I also have DSL so I am using that to update my Acekard2i (HW: 8181).

Here's my steps...
First I updated to the latest AKAIO 1.8.9. I put the file "ak2ifw_update_3ds30_DSi143_onDSL.nds" onto the root of the microSD card, inserted and booted into AKAIO 1.8.9.

Ran the file "ak2ifw_update_3ds30_DSi143_onDSL.nds" on the DSL, saw the message to reinsert the card so I did. Pressed START to continue and it says "Updating, DO NOT turn off DS".

It has been stuck at "Progress 35%..." for the last 15 minutes... What's going on?? Should I just turn it off and start over? Is that going to brick my Acekard2i?

I'm thinking the update has failed but hope it's just my microSD that needs to be wiped out first before I try again. Thoughts, recommendations please.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LTT also did it
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if...