Hacking 2DS XL Installing boot9strap Help

Eddie McArdle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So currently using 3ds.guide to install boot9strap/luma on a 2DS XL. I've been following the entire guide to a tee, but seem a little stuck installing boot9strap. I'm on the following section:

Section IV - Installing boot9strap and configuring Luma3DS
  1. Launch b9sTool by starting your DSiWare game
    • You may need to load further into the game so it loads the modified save file
  2. Select "Dump F0F1" to backup the 3DS FIRM
  3. Select "Install boot9strap" and confirm
  4. Wait for it to say "done!". Exit b9sTool and power off your 3DS
    • You may need to force power off by holding the power button
  5. Boot up your 3DS while holding (Select) to launch the Luma3DS configuration menu
    • If your 3DS boots normally to the HOME Menu then boot9strap did not install correctly. Replace your prep files with freshly downloaded files and restore the F0F1 backup in b9sTool. Do not create a new F0F1 backup! Then try reinstalling boot9strap again
  6. Use the (A) button and the D-pad to turn on "Show Nand or user string in System Settings"
  7. Press (Start) to save and reboot
I have the exact problem stated in point 5, I just boot to the home screen. I've tried replacing the prep files and choosing backup as it says, still just getting to the home menu. I'm on 11.6.0 if that helps

I've done this on a 3DS XL before, but can't pretend to have a lot of experience in this, no idea what it could be. Any help would be appreciated, cheers :)

****EDIT****
Sorry for being a noob, I just deleted the backup and completely reinstalled bootstrap instead, worked a charm. Sorry!

Last edited by Eddie McArdle,

ColeZheng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So currently using 3ds.guide to install boot9strap/luma on a 2DS XL. I've been following the entire guide to a tee, but seem a little stuck installing boot9strap. I'm on the following section:

Section IV - Installing boot9strap and configuring Luma3DS
  1. Launch b9sTool by starting your DSiWare game
    • You may need to load further into the game so it loads the modified save file
  2. Select "Dump F0F1" to backup the 3DS FIRM
  3. Select "Install boot9strap" and confirm
  4. Wait for it to say "done!". Exit b9sTool and power off your 3DS
    • You may need to force power off by holding the power button
  5. Boot up your 3DS while holding (Select) to launch the Luma3DS configuration menu
    • If your 3DS boots normally to the HOME Menu then boot9strap did not install correctly. Replace your prep files with freshly downloaded files and restore the F0F1 backup in b9sTool. Do not create a new F0F1 backup! Then try reinstalling boot9strap again
  6. Use the (A) button and the D-pad to turn on "Show Nand or user string in System Settings"
  7. Press (Start) to save and reboot
I have the exact problem stated in point 5, I just boot to the home screen. I've tried replacing the prep files and choosing backup as it says, still just getting to the home menu. I'm on 11.6.0 if that helps

I've done this on a 3DS XL before, but can't pretend to have a lot of experience in this, no idea what it could be. Any help would be appreciated, cheers :)

****EDIT****
Sorry for being a noob, I just deleted the backup and completely reinstalled bootstrap instead, worked a charm. Sorry!

can you specifically tell me what you did to your file or on your 3ds because I have same problem only thing i dont know how to fix

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can you specifically tell me what you did to your file or on your 3ds because I have same problem only thing i dont know how to fix
You do realize the last time OP was seen was on that date 2 months ago when they made this post. I dont think they are going to be showing up any time soon

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
You do realize the last time OP was seen was on that date 2 months ago when they made this post. I dont think they are going to be showing up any time soon
And he didn't even read the part where the OP said he figured it out himself.

Nevermind, I'm the one who can't read, lol

ColeZheng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Know he won't show up I was trying to find others who know a fix because I installed homebrew perfectly through jacksorrell's video but the huge problem is I did every step but it leads to home screen including formatting 3ds repeating the whole process over 20 times and same result i even did the thing where you restore the file and download b9s again same home screen. Please help?:gun::wacko: Been at it for 3 days:(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Hi hi!