26 Moments That Restored Our Faith in Humanity This Year

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2, 3, 9, 11, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23 are my favorite.

Seriously, more people should be like this. And that whole "God Hates Fags" thing is dumb. I mean, isn't it written in the Bible if you confess your sins, he'll forgive you? But I love the animal ones. Animals are powerful creatures who somehow have the ability to heal you when nothing else can. And the cop who bought shoes for the homeless man is a hero. But the football player who went on a spree for needy children, that's awesome. If every sport player in North America alone, just did a couple thousand shopping spree or something, no kid would ever not have a present during the holidays. They make so much money (especially baseball players) and there's like almost no way they can spend all of it in their lifetime.

But seriously, great work people. They should be commemorated for their actions. Whether it's a thank you note from the president or leader of the country they're in or something, these people deserve recognition for doing what they did, and not wanting anything in return.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>"Restoring faith in humanity"
>Bros working together to save a cat

Dont get me wrong, most of those are heartwarming and tear jerking, but a cat? Really?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And on this day, many feels were had.
What?
>"Restoring faith in humanity"
>Bros working together to save a cat

Dont get me wrong, most of those are heartwarming and tear jerking, but a cat? Really?

Cat was stuck down in that little sewer area. Didn't have to add the bros part, but they did save that cat.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not even surprised to see some negativity even in a thread like this. It's just really not surprising anymore. Sad.

Otherwise, this topic was quite nice and heartwarming. Cute too. Nice to have threads like this sometimes, amidst all the murder and other shit that gets pumped out all the time. Also really like the story about Jayden.

Reactions: Castiel

Castiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not even surprised to see some negativity even in a thread like this. It's just really not surprising anymore. Sad.
Not trying to be negative. I loved these stories. They were very heartwarming and wonderful to read, especially after the Conneticut shooting. But Gahars does bring up a good point. There are some people in the world who are really disturbed, and then there are those who are really good people. The only reason to say we need our "faith in humanity" restored is when we focus too much on the negatives and not enough on the positives, which sadly is too often...

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's dumb.
The internet is a dumb place punctuated by the occasional intelligent person/post. That being said I understood what he was saying and I feel the same way.

I love these. The one about the cat got me for some reason. My faith in humanity has always been on a sort of biorythmn, and today it's now at *neutral*. It isn't even that I ever lose faith in humanity, but sometimes people are just cruel and unusual beings that don't deserve to be comfortable and happy.

P

pasc

I actually agree with Gahars though. We have a tendency to overhype Faith in Humanity by a lot. I mean, it's awesome these people perform acts of kindness, it really is. But complete faith in humanity shouldn't belong to a handful of individuals. Faith in humanity should be faith in humanity as a whole.

AKA the few douches that act the wrong way ?

Thanks for that list! Neat stuff !

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Well that's dumb.
You're dumb! Don't mock the feels man, the feels can do things to you man, they can change you, change how you think.

ypAza.jpg

Reactions: Rydian

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone has anything heartwarming to add, post it and I'll add it to the OP. maybe we can build a "happy place".

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the full spectrum of possible negative and positive emotions ranges from 0 to 100, I've probably stuck between 30 and 70 for quite some time. This thread didn't change that, but it certainly kept me at the higher end of my spectrum. Thanks for sharing these.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs