20 Bethesda games to be added to Xbox Game Pass by tomorrow

The marriage of Bethesda to Xbox has been officialized, with the two companies eager to discuss what the future has in store. In fact, they were so excited to share the news that the two had an hour-long roundtable talk about what players can expect to get out of the merger. Xbox's Phil Spencer spent a little time discussing the exclusivity of future Bethesda games, stating, "We have games that exist on other platforms. We're going to support those games on the platforms they're on. We love those communities and we'll continue to invest in them", and, "the thing I want you to know is that this is about delivering great exclusive games for you that ship on platforms where Game Pass exists".

Speaking of which, 20 Bethesda titles will be available on Xbox Game Pass, with 12 of them launching today, and the other 8 to be available tomorrow. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion will also be getting an FPS Boost mode patch for Series consoles in the future. Those games are as follows:

• Dishonored: Definitive Edition
  • Dishonored 2
  • DOOM
  • DOOM II
  • DOOM 64
  • DOOM 3
  • DOOM Eternal
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Fallout 4
  • Fallout 76 + Steel Dawn
  • Prey
  • Rage 2
  • Morrowind
  • Oblivion
  • Skyrim: Special Edition
  • The Elder Scrolls Online
  • The Evil Within
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood

D

Deleted User

Wait, that means if I get gamepass, I'm buying Skyrim over and over again, every month

Do you have a problem with it?

3vd7b0.jpg

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fuller quote for context. Not sure who can realistically expect the next ES or Fallout or whatever on Sony consoles when he's outright saying they spend $7 bil mainly for platform exclusives. They clearly do not care about the Sony monies as much as building gamepass.
Combine this with Phil Spencer's statement the day before saying how only 'some' games will be Xbox/PC exclusive .....GamePass for PS5? I'm not sure about that one happening TBH... but does that instead mean GamePass confirmed for Switch (and Sony left out in the cold)? Or is it them simply covering the currently announced games for PS5 only - once they've released that's it?

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Combine this with Phil Spencer's statement the day before saying how only 'some' games will be Xbox/PC exclusive .....GamePass for PS5? I'm not sure about that one happening TBH... but does that instead mean GamePass confirmed for Switch (and Sony left out in the cold)? Or is it them simply covering the currently announced games for PS5 only - once they've released that's it?
No Gamepass, but XCloud, I see it happening.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On behalf of the $1.7 trillion dollar company known as Microsoft, we will be really sorry to see your $1 a month go away. You will be missed.

Except you're not from Microsoft and even if you were, I couldn't care less about what they think. My statement was coming from the point of my own wallet and needs. Not to try to "stick it to Microsoft". Regardless, have anything original or slightly amusing? That one was pretty Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Try harder. Thanks. Have a great weekend. :)

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

pickinanameainteasy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally an excuse to play morrowwind and oblivion

You won't be disappointed. Morrowind is actually amazing if you can get past the initial difficulty spike where you cannot hit shit. Lore is very much in the forefront in morrowind compared to oblivion/skyrim and the land of vvardenfall is so alien and inhospitable.

Oblivion plays more like skyrim but overall there quests are more creative imo. There are a lot of enemies who are basically damage sponges and oblivion gates can get kind of tedious (like dragons in skyrim). Also oblivion's leveling system is royally fucked (see here). The characters look absurd but overall it is a fun experience. And shivering isles is amazing. Oblivion is very zany compared to skyrim, which feels a little more serious by comparison.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
highly doubt gamepass will ever be on anything but Microsoft consoles/pc tbh and xcloud on phones and such, Nintendo wouldn't make any money on people streaming games or playing Microsoft games instead of their games.

what they meant is some games will be multi platform, kinda like Microsoft already did with switch and released several Microsoft exclusives on switch, i can see some more simpler games to be multi-platform and some more famous one being xbox/pc only.

Gimlionroad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I hope they won't make the big titles exclusive but make new bethesda ips and make them exclusive which would be more appealing for newer xbox gens

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m slowly became a big fan of gamepass. I started using it for myself but after I found out I can use my gamepass account on my kids PC’s while they can still use their own Xbox account I was all in.

$15 a month for four accounts and I can stream games to my phone o the go. They have all other services beat.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work