Hardware 2 X 128gb psp not working

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, there is nothing in the PSP that can stop it from reading 256gb. I know the PC is showing it as full 256gb when you format it there but i'd be willing to bet that if you actually tried to write 256gb to the card, at some point it would it screw up. It all points to a faulty adapter.

Thing is, ALL the CR-5400s are fake these days, I don't believe the legit ones are in production anymore. Its just a case of finding one that does work unfortunately. But in my experience they all do, so perhaps you've just gotten unlucky.

EDIT:

Oh! I have no idea why that sorted it lol

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can do. Or you can just leave it. 6.60 is better for compatibility sake. I suppose it depends how you shut your PSP down. Mine, always goes into standby as it doesn't really drain any battery. In that case, your PSP is always in "hacked" mode anyway.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty much absolutely nothing. You can tell yourself more or less, it looks identical. It's mostly "under the hood" stuff I'd guess. But I'm on 6.60 ProC with 256gb like yourself and I've never had a problem running anything. Thats about 200 or so PSP ISOs, and over a 100 PSX Eboots as well as a shed load of homebrew and emulators etc, my card has about 40mb free :)

Reactions: cearp

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just make sure, above all else to install the Category plugin. This saves a LOT of time in waiting for your list of games to load, especially when the games begin to mount up!

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Go here:

http://www.filedropper.com/psp_1

I've uploaded my PSP correctly set up for CXMB (Custom Themes) Category Plugin(all set up) Pro C2 (December 2014 - Latest) and Popsloader (The only ones you need for a PSP3000)

Just extract the Rar, open the PSP folder and copy everything onto your PSP memory card root. Do a reset, relaunch Pro Fast Recover, and done!

Reactions: obs123194

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
It's kinda bs to say that there is a compatibility difference between 6.20 and 6.61. I've only ever really used 6.20 CFW, at least since the days when I upgraded my old 1k from 5.50 GEN-D3 or w/e it was on, and I've had absolutely zero CFW related compatibility issues. Honestly, the only thing I ever had trouble with was PS1 games, and that was remedied by using the correct POPS version. As well, you have to remember that the 3g 3K works perfectly with all POPS.

The breakdown copied from another thread:

POPS Compatibility:

All POPS working with PSP Fat, 2000 and 3000 3g

PSP 3000 (other than 3g):
Every POPS from 3.02 to 3.52 WORKS
Every POPS from 3.71 to 6.00 DOESN'T WORK
Every POPS from 6.20 to Original from flash POPS WORKS

PSP GO:
Every POPS from 3.02 to 3.52 WORKS. Sound ONLY works with Headphones!!!

As far as I'm aware, OP hasn't stated the particular 3K they have, so there is a chance their model could be compatible with all POPS versions versus the somewhat gimped version of POPS other 3K and GO users get.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's kinda bs to say that there is a compatibility difference between 6.20 and 6.61. I've only ever really used 6.20 CFW, at least since the days when I upgraded my old 1k from 5.50 GEN-D3 or w/e it was on, and I've had absolutely zero CFW related compatibility issues. Honestly, the only thing I ever had trouble with was PS1 games, and that was remedied by using the correct POPS version. As well, you have to remember that the 3g 3K works perfectly with all POPS.

The breakdown copied from another thread:

POPS Compatibility:

All POPS working with PSP Fat, 2000 and 3000 3g

PSP 3000 (other than 3g):
Every POPS from 3.02 to 3.52 WORKS

PSP GO:
Every POPS from 3.02 to 3.52 WORKS. Sound ONLY works with Headphones!!!

As far as I'm aware, OP hasn't stated the particular 3K they have, so there is a chance their model could be compatible with all POPS versions versus the somewhat gimped version of POPS other 3K and GO users get.

I may be wrong, but can you use PSN PS1 games on 6.20? That was the only part I wasn't sure about and that in reality, is the sole reason I opted to say 6.60 was better. Mainly because that offers PS1 games totally bug free that are notorious for getting to work properly (without bugs and freezes etc) like the FF series, Chrono Cross etc.

Also, in reality, the fact that 3.71 - 6.00 doesn't work on some 3000s is a non event. There are no games that I'm aware of, that won't run on either stock 6.60, or for the few troublesome ones (of which it is a very small percentage) they run on earlier than 3.71 anyway. The fact that 3.71-6.00 dont work on some, has not stopped me playing literally anything PS1 wise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eTlZ0qcSZf4?si=0vpkdIWplaLMFVqv