Hardware 2 TB HDD for Wii

RyanTHEdestroyer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I got a new 2 TB hdd. I remember reading somewhere that 1tb is the biggest you can use with wii. I have 2 60g ones. i already formatted and partitioned them with easeUS partition master. on each, one side is for GC games and the other for wii. one of them my pc and easeus will recognize, the other will not be recognized anymore. Anyone know why?

Also I have an hp 2TB HDD. WHen i try to format it to fat32 or ntsf it says an error occured with easeUS.

Also the 2tb one doesnt show uo in my devices or under my computer. Just hidden icons. Id like to set the new 2TB one up for my wii. can anyone please help me? TY

RyanTHEdestroyer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I got a new 2 TB hdd. I remember reading somewhere that 1tb is the biggest you can use with wii. I have 2 60g ones. i already formatted and partitioned them with easeUS partition master. on each, one side is for GC games and the other for wii. one of them my pc and easeus will recognize, the other will not be recognized anymore. Anyone know why?

Also I have an hp 2TB HDD. WHen i try to format it to fat32 or ntsf it says an error occured with easeUS.

Also the 2tb one doesnt show uo in my devices or under my computer. Just hidden icons. Id like to set the new 2TB one up for my wii. can anyone please help me? TY

also, i read somewhere that i can use command prompts to force windows to format an hdd thats over 32g to fat 32. can ANYONE please tell me how? i would greatly appreciate the info... thnx

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you look up 'guiformat', there is a tiny-arsed utility that is like a self-contained executable for windows to be able to format any lettered drive to FAT32, up to 2TB. While it is technically possible for FAT32 to support a larger volume than this, the sector sizes for the allocation table in question would get ridiculously huge, and there would be wasted space everywhere.

If the drive doesn't show up, then it's simply a matter that you have to assign a drive letter to it first from Windows' end, so that it can see it and format it appropriately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.