Hacking 11.0.1 firmware and still no SXOS update

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrian226

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hey guys i accidentally updated my firmware to 11.01 and i would like downgrade it back to 11.0.
I got some rawnand backup files (30gb) made in if i remember good ReiNx but not sure if that
enough to do that, anyone can help pls ?
sdsds.png
[/url][/IMG]
GVXvr2S

a>

Last edited by adrian226,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why did you have to reinstall any of your software?
That is absolutely not the case. Normally you just boot Atmosphere with sigpatches and that's it. You don't need to reinstall anything, unless you used the SX album homebrew browser to install XCIs - those won't start on Atmosphere.
because sx os lets you install xci, atmos does not support xci even if its installed.

*removed reply to trashed post -WeedZ

Last edited by WeedZ,

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why did you have to reinstall any of your software?
That is absolutely not the case. Normally you just boot Atmosphere with sigpatches and that's it. You don't need to reinstall anything, unless you used the SX album homebrew browser to install XCIs - those won't start on Atmosphere.
I wont confirm or deny this ;)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesnt support it directly the way sxos did, but yes it can be done if converted.
I mean unless you're implying I cannot directly install .XCI files with literally any title installer (which I have been doing), then I fail to see your point. Yes I am aware that it is being converted during the process but you don't need to do any pre-conversions with modern homebrew apps.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean unless you're implying I cannot directly install .XCI files with literally any title installer (which I have been doing), then I fail to see your point. Yes I am aware that it is being converted during the process but you don't need to do any pre-conversions with modern homebrew apps.
Agreed, I use Goldleaf with no prob.

Reactions: Draxzelex

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
because sx os lets you install xci, atmos does not support xci even if its installed.

Are you aware of the fact that you can install XCIs with Tinfoil, even under Atmosphere?
And yes, they'll work. Installed XCIs only don't work if you installed them using the SX homebrew menu. Which is exactly what I stated in my previous post.

It doesnt support it directly the way sxos did, but yes it can be done if converted.

That is just wrong. You can install XCIs directly with Tinfoil. Absolutely zero conversion necessary.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Youre missing the point, you cant play xci games installed using sxos on atmosphere.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Youre missing the point, you cant play xci games installed using sxos on atmosphere.
If you mean .XCI file games installed via the SX OS Album app, then yes otherwise they will work if they are installed in any other way as wurstpistole stated. However @Retroboy seemed to have been implying that they won't work if they are installed no matter what method used.

Reactions: Maupiti and BigOnYa

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What’s the point of installing Xcis ? That’s probably the “only thing left “ to Sxos, Mounting Xcis without the need to install anything.

Last edited by Maupiti,

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, but that's not Atmosphere's fault. You could have installed those XCIs with Tinfoil all along and then they would work in both CFWs.
if you are installing xci on sx os, the install unsigned code option needs to be turned on in the installing app for the game to work on both cfw

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Why ?, because it’s a rip of a cartridge ? Because from “some sources “ you can’t find a nsp version ? If you install an Xci, there’s no reason then to stick to Sxos.
most sx os user only grab them in xci format, no reason to re get all the games in nsp format if sx os dies

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
most sx os user only grab them in xci format, no reason to re get all the games in nsp format if sx os dies
Then , I see no point in sticking to Sxos, if you install an Xci. And I am a Sxos user since the very beginning and also Atmosphere, all depends on what I want to do.
What always “made the difference” between Sxos and Atmosphere, is the availability to mount Xcis without installing anything, (for the “rest” except “maybe noob proof”, Sxos has nothing “better “ than Atmosphere and far less if we start to speak about some homebrews , overlays, sysmodules...etc..).

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: BigOnYa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1