• Likes 4

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How this guy's interpreting it:
Miyamoto: TEZUKA, WE SHOULD MAKE A GAME TO INSTILL THE VALUES OF CAPITALISM IN YOUNG CHILDREN
Tezuka: WAHAHAHAHA, YES MIYAMOTO, EXCELLENT
Reality:
Miyamoto: Tezuka, I have an idea for a game. You know how when you're a kid forests and hills and stuff feel bigger and more mystical than they are?
Tezuka: Yeah?
Miyamoto: Let's put that in game form.
Tezuka: Cool.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well to be fair articles like this never imply that they're making games solely to instill these EVIL values in our kids, but rather they're just continuing a trend of ingrained social norms instead of realizing what's wrong in them and debunking them.

The article is still pretty shit though as are most of these articles.

Reactions: Obveron

sevenstitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know, i've been lurking this forum for years, much longer than my join date,
and I've got to say this is one of the most pointless front page threads i've read
in a long time.

The fact of whether this guy's debate should have even been posted here to debate is
debatable to me.

In my free time I usually, I don't know, play video games, but I suppose bitching about
the deeply non-existent moral ramifications of them on the internet works too.

I don't agree with most (or any) of the source, but I won't fault it for being written.
If this guy seriously wants to inject over the top social commentary into a game from
15 years ago about an elf boy who fights a pigman to save a lady in a crystal, then he
can go right ahead.

Reactions: tatripp and GHANMI

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when the hell did this topic turn into a bitch fest? oh well MM was always better then OOT IMO...

RedCoreZero

Creativity is Power
Banned
Trophies
Website
Google.com
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo does this on other franchises too!
Pokemon is the most twisted introverted game ever. You capture innocent creatures shove them in a poke-ball inside of a baseball. Train then rigorously. Then you make them and other pokemon fight till one knocks the other into submission. And you get money for it. It's just awful I want Obama to outlaw Pokemon hell just outlaw anything or anyone from Asia. Their a bunch of freaky dumbasses.

Reactions: WhiteMaze

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"But for non-humans the pre-industrial farm, as symbolized by Lon Lon Ranch, was still a place of exploitation and violence"

I agree 100%. Those chickens exploited and violated me like no one's business.

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Gahar's signature image never made more sense!

Besides, allow me to talk honestly...
Being religious topics are most sensitive, I'm Muslim and I never noticed nor am that offended portraying the Gerudo after Muslims.
One, for being not obvious. Second because they removed the resembling symbols (ir so as Did You Know Gaming pointed out). Third, they may and probably didn't really mean it. And fourth, there, everything is done by women (actually the while populous is women!) which is opposite of reality.

And a bonus piece of info, we're also suppressed (very!) by Islamic governments and, yes, that's wrong in this religion or basic logic.
The only thing keeping us from complaining is their Arms and the anti-violence regulations often forgotten in the recent years.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"But for non-humans the pre-industrial farm, as symbolized by Lon Lon Ranch, was still a place of exploitation and violence"

I agree 100%. Those chickens exploited and violated me like no one's business.

gotta love getting pecked to death for choking the chicken.

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Gotta love these kind of articles. Target something many know and love (LoZ), badmouth and criticize it, and the ratings for your article go through the roof.

Of course you know your article is still bullshit. But you got rich off it.

-facepalm-

Zeliga

One step closer.
Trophies
XP
Country
:wtf: wtf why do people get so upset just because there are ''sexist'' and ''racist'' thing is video game, ITS JUST A GAME!

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, that settles it. I'm going to do a write-up about how Pokemon games are just as bad as Michael Vick. Maybe even worse! At least he didn't go out looking to catch other animals and train them to fight.

Pokemon games condone animal fighting and it's just not right!!! I'm tired of Nintendo exploiting cruelty to animals and disguising it in a "Gotta catch 'em all" cutesy/cuddly type of package.

Oh, and I'd better see my review on the front page of GBAtemp too!:hateit:

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what is really funny? That a person would try to find fault with Zelda, which is one of the cleanest type games around. Yet doesn't comment on such games as say oh I don't know Grand Theft Auto that has tons of actual racial slurs and extreme violence. Why not actually USE something that has the content he is describing instead of trying to fabricate it. *shakes head*

grindbart

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
never read so much BS in my life as in the startpost -_- zelda is a fantasy redraw of a ancient time where these things was the way they described. THAT WAS REALITY damit! shitty goodpeople verbal diariha!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
never read so much BS in my life as in the startpost -_- zelda is a fantasy redraw of a ancient time where these things was the way they described. THAT WAS REALITY damit! shitty goodpeople verbal diariha!
Although many stories tend to say otherwise, there was no such thing as legendary creatures or walking skeletons even in ancient times... I don't think it's a fantasy re-draw of any kind - I think it's "just" fantasy. :P

Reactions: Maxternal

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What, no mention that including Epona makes the game broneyist? Trolls be slippin.

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sexism, classism... butthurtism.

WHO GIVES A FAWK?! They're GAMES. MUTHAFUKKEN GAMES!

I miss the 90s... Everything is controversial nowadays.
Argh! Just... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!
:hateit:

I gotta get back to bed. Bleh.

Reactions: ßleck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-