Hacking LU64 Questions & Help

skryckman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a LU64 Wii that came installed with 3.4U. I have searched for hours for updated information on what I can and can't do. So far I have used bannerbomb too install the bootmii package. Everything installed great with bootmii as an IOS. I have also installed the lu64 fix. Gamma channel works as well as my usb loader. What else can I do?

Can I do these things?

1. Upgrade to 4.0 with wanikoko upgrade?
2. Install custom mios and gamecube backup support?
3. Install cios rev 13b?
4. Install IOS 38, 53, and 55 etc?
5. Shop channel fix if needed?
6. How to get preloader working to stop disc updates?

Anything else someone in my situation would or wouldn't do? What exactly can and can't I do?

Thank you

runkittyrun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm kinda a noob but i have lu64 this is what i've come up with

1 yes you can upgrade, but IMHO not much reason to other than the larger card support, if you could play wiiware and vc from the card would be useful, but until patched ios60 is tested working, not much need for larger card unless you have alot offical downloads you can run off SD card

2 not sure about mios

3 cios rev 13b - yes (rev11 aka lu64 fix/ rev12 / rev13) are all compatible with the new hardware changes on the lu64+

4 the current updated versions of these ios should be fine, i wouldn't use older version unless you can get someone to confirm its safe

5 shop channel should be fine

6 preloader isn't working on lu64+

as far as i know their is no brick protect on lu64's, so be careful what you install and i'd recommend checking the region on wads your installing

wiijam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I am a noob. Please correct my errors.

I was wondering similar questions. Thanks to GBAtemp, Wiihacks, WiiBrew, etc., I softmodded my 3.4U LU64+. It was a bit tricky putting all the info together relevant to LU64s.

I have HBC with a bunch of apps and WiiGator Gamma v3 launching backups. I couldn't get my USB drive to work after many permutations. I'm guessing the drive and/or enclosure is not compatible.

So, now I'm also wondering about some options.

1) Protection

Bootmii IOS seems to be the only option. I've read you can use Bootmii IOS to backup NAND, but can you use it to restore? Also, can I navigate Bootmii v2 using the console buttons like the video for Bootmii v1 describes, or do I really need a GC controller? I'm hoping Bootmii v3 allows Boot2 installs on LU64+.

I think there's no option for preloader. I read Preloader requires 3.2 or 4.0, but maybe it also doesn't work on LU64.

Startpatch4.0 only works with 4.0.

Starfall sounds out of date, and not sure it would work with my setup anyway.

2) Disk updates, do most disk launchers/USB loaders protect against?

3) CIOS rev 13b, is there any benefit switching up? Is it more compatible with USB drives? I've read mixed reviews on switching up.

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bootmii IOS offers you no protection whatsoever without preloader or a similar mechanism to get you into HBC if you brick, and yes in beta2 the IOS version requires a GC controller. Preoloader/Startpatch is currently problematical on LU64. BootMii CAN restore a NAND if you have the means to run it and a controller to work the menu, provided it doesn't just tell you that your NAND dump came from another Wii, an error that several people are reporting. BootMii is still very much in testing, which nobody makes any bones about.

Bushing has said over and over that Boot2 installs are unlikely on systems currently not supported. The required environment just isn't there on newer systems. I'd imagine that work will continue on the IOS version to make it more usable, however.

There still seem to be a lot of wildcards on LU64. You might want to hold off on upgrading unless there's a specific feature you just can't live without.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto