Trophies
XP
Country
United States
essentialgames.png
Medal Of Honor: Infiltrator
G.R. Issue #26 (GBA)

Yeah yeah we're late again.

Welcome to another edition of GBAtemp Recommends! This feature is to educate and inform our members about quality GBA titles that have either been a hit with gamers or went unnoticed to the general public.

GBAtemp Recommends!

Medal Of Honor: Infiltrator
gt1276.png
gt1276.png

So we all know that MoH: Underground was one of the worst GBA titles in existance, but this game is a different beast. Essentially its just like the console MoH games but with a overhead view point. Like the console game you can either just go ape crazy and run around shooting folk Commando style or you can be more cautious and use stealth which is always the best option for this game.

As well as the overhead sections there are also Operation Wolf style first person style shooting & sniper levels which help break up the gameplay. There are also some very fun levels where you have to drive around too. Graphically, I can't fault it. Levels look great, everything is well designed and also I have never had any slowdown at all. The sound is very atmospheric, keeping with what the series has implemented including a great soundtrack. There are also the black & white video cutscenes that tell you about what is going down in each mission. Overall the developers have done such an amazing job in keeping the same feel of the console games to the GBA that I wished that EA had them do a sequel or work on other GBA games but sadly Netherock Ltd never made another game afterwards. A great loss to gaming I feel.

Sadly it feels a little too short, there are only 15 levels in all and none of them are that long. One nice addition to this game is that if you link it up with the Gamecube version of MoH: Rising Sun, you get an very good overhead map to help you with that game. There is also an Survival mode to unlock as well as multiplayer deathmatch and co-op between two GBA handhelds. Overall I can recommend this title for those looking for a overhead shooter on the GBA.

Game Synopsis said:
The award-winning Medal of Honor franchise returns to the Game Boy Advance with Medal of Honor Infiltrator, an all new experience designed specifically for the platform. Players assume the role of Corporal Jake Murphy, completing five daring missions to defeat the Axis in some of WWII's most famous battles. Infiltrator blends overhead third-person exploration and action sections with fixed-position, first-person shooting sections. Many different themes and gamestyles are combined seamlessly into the same package: infantry combat, vehicular combat, covert operations, and sniping. Players will also have the opportunity to use their Game Boy Advance as a real time map by linking up with Medal of Honor Rising Sun on Nintendo GameCube.
USA.gif
#1276 - Medal of Honor - Infiltrator (Venom)

Genre: Action
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Dump Date: 18/11/2003 (U)
ROM Size: 128Mbit

If you enjoyed this weeks edition of GBAtemp Recommends! please leave a comment in the thread. This helps us monitor feedback and ensures we keep posting these magazine articles in the future. Another game will be featured Wednesday!

gicon.jpg
View in G-Online
c171.gif
Game Profile at IGN
controller.png
Official GBAtemp Recommends! Mini-Page & History
discuss.png
Discuss

ZyberMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks interesting im going to give this a try, need a break from all the rpgs on the ds. I still havent manage to get around to all of them yet, there just to many
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-