OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I have Wii 3.1U, Homebrew Channel 1.0.1 IOS36 v4.18

I try to update it for 3.2U (I heard is best) but StarFall requires Wifi. Is there any way to install 3.2 from SD card?

Also, some homebrew doesn't want to run. "This is no valid Wii aplication". Is it becuse 3.1 system?

I want to delete some unused channels with AnyTitleDeleter (Forecast, News, WiiShop). What are they codes?
In ATD it shows me only their adress numbers.

Before that, what is the best way to backup the whole system just in case?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can't. no retail disc contains 3.2, that information is false.

to get it you need to get the "semi-brick fix disc" for your region, made by bushing of hackmii.com

open it in "wiiscrubber" and extract the system menu wad from the update partition...install it using wad manager, don't uninstall it, just install (overwrite)

also, converting to a dol may help the valid wii app.

updating to 3.2 is going to result in problems if you don't have all the right IOS,
I'd open up a newer disc image (something around mario kart wii timeframe) and extract all the IOS and install them too, at least those in the 30's (a lot of people end up missing 37, and channels misbehave).

Gagarin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It sounds to complicated. Maybe I will just try Starfall at my friend's house. Or maybe Starbucks
smile.gif

So there's no other any homebrew just to upgarde Wii?

I did rename file into boot.dol but still it doesn't work. Strange.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gagarin said:
It sounds to complicated. Maybe I will just try Starfall at my friend's house. Or maybe Starbucks
smile.gif

So there's no other any homebrew just to upgarde Wii?

I did rename file into boot.dol but still it doesn't work. Strange.
You cant just rename, you have to use the elf to dol convertor.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
There's a bundle of ios' floating around torrent sites that include all ios' up to the one needed for animal crossing. I would install those first, then try to get to 3.2.

forbore

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What I did for a freidnd's wii was I installed Menu Patcher on his Wii and downloaded Wii Semi-Brick Fix disc. I burned it and loaded Menu Patcher on his Wii and then the disk channnel asked for an update. I jet updated the wii this way.

1.Download Menu Patcher (Not Menu Loader, this one is by Waninkoko)
2.DOwnload HackMii's Semi-Brick Discs
2.Burn the ISO onto a disc
3.Load Menu Patcher
4.Put the disc in the console
5. Update!

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Basically all you need are wads of the menu and the right IOS's.
I'm thinking of making a 3.2 rescue set with all the right system files and IOS's, but i haven't looked into it yet.

Here's what a dude posted in my rescue set topic, extracting the IOS and system meny wad seems simple enough to me

oneleggedjack said:
I found a guide on the thepiratebay.org
here it is...

1. Download Semi-bricks Repair Disc by “Team twiizer” caused by an upgrade of a foreign game.
Download the Disc image corresponding to your console region:

http://www.console-scene.info/file/wii-sys...-v290-repad.rar
http://www.console-scene.info/file/wii-sys...-v289-repad.rar
http://www.console-scene.info/file/wii-sys...-v288-repad.rar

2. With "WIIScrubber" or the "Trucha signer” Open downloaded ISO and extract the two files
IOS30-64-v140.wad and SystemMenu-v289.wad

3. Copy the files to "wad" folder in the root of your SD memory card.

4. Insert the card SD in the console and run "Homebrew Channel" then “Wad Manager 0.3"

5. When starting up the Wad Manager it will be necessary to accept the use terms then to select
the source that wants to use for install the wads, Select SD Memory then accept.

6. Now it is very important to Install IOS30-64-v140.wad first,
Then Install SystemMenu-v289.wad
(BY ORDER if not you can brick your console.)

7. Restart the console by pressing Menu from Wii controller at Wad Manager.
Done go to your Wii configuration tap then system menu, you will see 3.2
With this you can open modified games, as those that signed by the "TRUCHA SIGNER"

(Optional) you also can downgrade the IOS OFFLINE by installing by Order (with the previous
method) the following IOS:
IOS15 v257
IOS21 v514
IOS31 v1040

-VICTORY RAIZY

I just don't get the optional part, why would anyone downgrade to those older IOS's? and I'm not sure what the safe way to downgrade after installing 3.2 would be.

Either way I think that after you do all this all you have to do is install cIOS36 Rev07, IOS38 and IOS37 through the WAD manager like you normally install stuff, oh and of course starfall, do that as soon as you got 3.2 up and running because you never know what may go wrong.

forbore

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shinigami Kiba said:
Basically all you need are wads of the menu and the right IOS's.
I'm thinking of making a 3.2 rescue set with all the right system files and IOS's, but i haven't looked into it yet.

Here's what a dude posted in my rescue set topic, extracting the IOS and system meny wad seems simple enough to me

oneleggedjack said:
I found a guide on the thepiratebay.org
here it is...

1. Download Semi-bricks Repair Disc by “Team twiizer” caused by an upgrade of a foreign game.
Download the Disc image corresponding to your console region:

http://www.console-scene.info/file/wii-sys...-v290-repad.rar
http://www.console-scene.info/file/wii-sys...-v289-repad.rar
http://www.console-scene.info/file/wii-sys...-v288-repad.rar

2. With "WIIScrubber" or the "Trucha signer” Open downloaded ISO and extract the two files
IOS30-64-v140.wad and SystemMenu-v289.wad

3. Copy the files to "wad" folder in the root of your SD memory card.

4. Insert the card SD in the console and run "Homebrew Channel" then “Wad Manager 0.3"

5. When starting up the Wad Manager it will be necessary to accept the use terms then to select
the source that wants to use for install the wads, Select SD Memory then accept.

6. Now it is very important to Install IOS30-64-v140.wad first,
Then Install SystemMenu-v289.wad
(BY ORDER if not you can brick your console.)

7. Restart the console by pressing Menu from Wii controller at Wad Manager.
Done go to your Wii configuration tap then system menu, you will see 3.2
With this you can open modified games, as those that signed by the "TRUCHA SIGNER"

(Optional) you also can downgrade the IOS OFFLINE by installing by Order (with the previous
method) the following IOS:
IOS15 v257
IOS21 v514
IOS31 v1040

-VICTORY RAIZY

I just don't get the optional part, why would anyone downgrade to those older IOS's? and I'm not sure what the safe way to downgrade after installing 3.2 would be.

Either way I think that after you do all this all you have to do is install cIOS36 Rev07, IOS38 and IOS37 through the WAD manager like you normally install stuff, oh and of course starfall, do that as soon as you got 3.2 up and running because you never know what may go wrong.

ANother way is the download SoftMii and do all the steps. YOu'll have a 3.2 System with backup loading from the disc channel!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up