Kyo 3-16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly would I do that?

Could I burn them on DVD-R's? or load them from the HD? or something else entirely?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First I suggest avoiding it. Buy and hack an original xbox if you are really interested in this as original xbox on the 360 is a pain.

You can of course do the DVD flashed 360 method of proper iso dump (most original xbox scene releases are no good for the 360) and burning that.

After this though you get to make use of that JTAG. First the actual rebooter hack does next to nothing for the original xbox stuff (although you will want to install dashlaunch) as everything xbox related on the 360 runs through an emulator.
Fortunately there are hacked versions of this emulator available available (sidenote if you added a larger non official hard drive to your JTAG 360 it will probably not have it on there so you will need to grab something even if you only want to try official games). There are a couple of older versions but "Xb1 Hacked Emulator 5829" I believe to be the latest hack (certainly it is a hack of the last version of the xbox emulator to be released and short of hacking it to add better support which is considerably easier said than done there is not much that can be added). Install this to the hard drive on partition 2 aka HDDX and you can attempt to launch whatever XBE you like (checking to see if it is on the list was removed as were the signature checks).

You do also have the option of GOD2XB1 (not sure if regular iso2god ever really did that much with the original xbox).

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you want to do is get the hacked XBOX1 emulator like FAST mentioned.

Install it to the HDDX partition. If there isn't one (due to installing your own HDD, for example), search for "xbox 360 partition restore" or something similar. This will allow you to restore the XBOX1 emulator partition.

By the way, just to explain, the XBOX360 uses an XBOX1 emulator located on the HDDX partition to run XBOX1 games. This is the way it is when you buy an XBOX off of the shelf. And this is why you need the partition restored on a custom HDD.

Like FAST mentioned, some people have sort of hacked the official XBOX1 emulator to support more games, so that's why getting a hacked version is better.

After that, it's as easy to running the disk in your disk drive or even using the 'Copy DVD' function of FSD (FreeStyleDash) to copy the disk to your hard drive.

Kyo 3-16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to clarify:

Find Xbox 360 partition restore and use it.
Find hacked XBox Emu, place it in HDDX folder.
Then I can burn it on a Disc and play it on my 360 (DL or Single Disc?) or put it on my Xbox's HD an play it off that (would I have to extract it, like 360's games to GOD?).

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Find hacked XBOX emulator and put it into the HDDX PARTITION, not folder.

Your XBOX will look like this, if viewing from FTP or FSD or something.
DVD:
HDDX:
HDD1:

XBOX 1 games use DVD-R.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't bother with xplorer 360. just use ftp with filezilla--it's much faster and easier. btw, if u have the hacked xbox 1 emulator files, u should be able to play every xbox 1 game even those not normally compatible.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. You need to either:

1) Use data transfer cable and something like Xplorer 360.
2) There's actually a file you can run from your XBOX using FSD or XEXDASH. You'll find it in your search for the XBOX 1 Partition.

As for what godbreborn said, it is true that you can play more games than the stock XBOX 360 can, however there are still some that are buggy. For instance, cinematics in Psychonauts is really stuttery.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I was fiddling with FTP yesterday I managed to use xexmenu FTP to fiddle with HDDX/partition 2. Flash might be troublesome to write to (I think there was a different user (possibly flash and flash) to do any writing with it)).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The original xbox would always have had a hard drive clocking a couple of gigs (the x, y and z drives) to cache things to so I doubt it very much.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lenselijer said:
I have a jasper jtag with 512mb memory card.
Is it possible to run the xbox1 emulator from flash memory?

No, to play any xb1 game on any 360 requires a harddrive installed directly to the system. Memory cards, onboard flash, and USB drives will not cut it. It has to do with where the emulator (official or hacked) files get placed.

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys
biggrin.gif
I got a jtaged box today and I am also interested in the XBOX games. I restored the HDDx Partition and installed the hacked emu. I use freestyle dash. What exactly do I have to do to get my original xbox discs and backups to run ? Which folder ? ISO or extracted ? Special format ?

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Kyo 3-16

is your HDD a 360 stock or a external HDD, if external you need to copy the partition 2 files from stock to the new HDD. there is a modded party buffalo app that reads all 360 drives if your having trouble using the xplorer 360, obviously you have not tried using the HDDhacker app to copy the contents from the 360 drive to your pc either. the original xbox emu files from the stock partition 2 needs to be overwrtten with the hacked / modded xbox1 emu files and not just deleted and copied over. if you do get it working the best way to get xbox1 games running on a jtag360 is the xbox2GOD app, it just converts the iso to a GOD file just like the 360 games...............................sudeki300

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents