Hacking Trails/Kiseki modding

DeadlyAnGeL91792

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea what causes this with the text? probably my biggest gripe aside from my controller not working lol.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    867.3 KB · Views: 585
  • unnamed2.jpg
    unnamed2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 418
  • unnamed3.jpg
    unnamed3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 437

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Cannot go into the menu. xD So I cannot save. And I actually have deleted the only game save I had by mistake.
I guess you are SOL... I'm not sure of any other ideas.

Next time, don't use save states. There's really no reason to, especially when you can save anywhere in the game.
You can press and hold the unlimited speed toggle and circle to get past dialog quickly.

Any idea what causes this with the text? probably my biggest gripe aside from my controller not working lol.

Use a different font. Replace user.ft with your own TrueType font.

Last edited by uyjulian,
Reactions: Chaoscontrol

Chaoscontrol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess you are SOL... I'm not sure of any other ideas.

Next time, don't use save states. There's really no reason to, especially when you can save anywhere in the game.
You can press and hold the unlimited speed toggle and circle to get past dialog quickly.

Ok, I didn't know save states were problematic. Do someone has a save from right after the prologue? xD
BTW, meanwhile I was trying to run the PC version, but I found myself with another issue. I cannot start the game at all.

http://prntscr.com/gdrocs

First of all, the DirectX from the game doesn't work for me, it autocloses. I downloaded the last one from the official site, and installed it anyway. Then I placed the hooks and renamed, and when launching this happens. Tried admin and many things but still can't find the problem.

Last edited by Chaoscontrol,

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I didn't know save states were problematic. Do someone has a save from right after the prologue? xD
BTW, meanwhile I was trying to run the PC version, but I found myself with another issue. I cannot start the game at all.

http://prntscr.com/gdrocs

First of all, the DirectX from the game doesn't work for me, it autocloses. I downloaded the last one from the official site, and installed it anyway. Then I placed the hooks and renamed, and when launching this happens. Tried admin and many things but still can't find the problem.
You didn't set the locale correctly.
Set the non-unicode locale to Traditional Chinese or Japanese and try again

Also, you do not need to install any additional libraries, since Windows 10 includes all of them already.

Chaoscontrol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You didn't set the locale correctly.
Set the non-unicode locale to Traditional Chinese or Japanese and try again

Also, you do not need to install any additional libraries, since Windows 10 includes all of them already.
Sorry to bother with so many questions.

Indeed it was the locale. In Japanese the error still happens. In Chinese traditional it starts fine. Seems to work fine, then I proceeded to patch Scena and Text folders from my PSP patched ISO, replaced the contents (not deleting, just adding on top and replacing files). But the result is still this, which I guess is not as it should. Maybe it is still some Locale thing, since it is the first time I've ever used it.
http://prntscr.com/gds6ho

BTW, such an increase of quality from PSP!

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bother with so many questions.

Indeed it was the locale. In Japanese the error still happens. In Chinese traditional it starts fine. Seems to work fine, then I proceeded to patch Scena and Text folders from my PSP patched ISO, replaced the contents (not deleting, just adding on top and replacing files). But the result is still this, which I guess is not as it should. Maybe it is still some Locale thing, since it is the first time I've ever used it.
http://prntscr.com/gds6ho

BTW, such an increase of quality from PSP!

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Nope. It's like this now. xD

http://prntscr.com/gdsft4

Also tried "Chinese" plain, and it is the same. Shouldn't be one encoding for everyone the same?
It seems like you didn't install the scena files properly.
Merge the patch's scena files into the data¥scena folder where the game is located.

Chaoscontrol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems like you didn't install the scena files properly.
Merge the patch's scena files into the data¥scena folder where the game is located.
That is what I did. :S

Anyway, thanks for the help. Even with worse graphics, I will keep playing on PPSSPP because of the awesome 16x turbo. I will just avoid save states.

Reactions: uyjulian

DeadlyAnGeL91792

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So today is weird...I installed ILS aug 6th patch onto a clean psp ISO. Copied the resulting Scena and text folders to where they belong on the pc version loaded it...and all the story is japanese or chinese still. I load the exact same patched iso into ppsspp and its all english!

So i thought i was crazy....extracted the scenea and text AGAIN to my desktop....right from the ppsspp iso I was JUST playing where everything was english

I open my pc games data folder.....copied and pasted AGAIN

Loaded the game again on.....AND ITS all in asian writing still.

Loaded the same iso which files I used in pc and its all ENGLISH.

So I went and found a prepatched ISO file older version I think jul 31 or something....and it worked perfect once I took the scenea files from it.....Im having trouble understanding why the Aug6th patch works on ppsspp but when I load it on the pc its all still chinese.

Last edited by DeadlyAnGeL91792,

DeadlyAnGeL91792

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post but this also needs its own. I have been playing the game from this patch for a little while now and noticed that alot of the lines that are indeed translated and PROPERLY at that in https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...IUyVWOFTh-Ldr2L7deztyYRKU/edit#gid=1788682473

Compare this highlighted piece from the spread sheet https://snag.gy/Gdp5Xj.jpg With https://snag.gy/B98AOV.jpg

Maybe the version I downloaded is super out of date...no clue why Ils patch wont work on my pc...does anyone have a working scenea folder that they have tested with his most recent patch on PC?

EDIT: Grabbed the Scena folder that Ils posted (from after aug 6th) Here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3QjPTO0FLOoT1pkRUwwMnpiWjA/view

Fixed alot of ugliness. Should prolly put in the front page.

Also I should mention Fugsnarf uploaded the quest log translated to english grabbed that too.Would be cool if that was in the front page.

Someone should be a bro and Edit Battle1.itp so its in english lol. Its the menu wheel while in combat. (I know its managable but its always in my face.)

Last edited by DeadlyAnGeL91792,

Chaoscontrol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question.

I am playing with the latest patch atm, downloaded yesterday. I am currently in Chapter 2 (Trade conference), and I am seeing a lot of machine translated content, even the main story. I went and checked the spreadsheet, and it is actually translated fine there. Wasn't the patch including all the man-translations from the spreadsheet and only the missing things were machine-translated?

One example is Zephyr translated as West Wind brigade.

Sartigan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The hook provided doesn't seem to work for me, heheh. My locale is set to chinese. The title screen is kinda empty and when i click somewhere the game crash. I was simply wondering if I was doing something wrong (playing ao no kiseki with the chinese verison)

Ultimadrago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There seems to be a consistent crash when attempting to Fish Duel with Kaguya on Amorica Old Road (PSP emu). If you attempt to accept her challenge in normal speed, the program crashes. You can Turbo past the hitch, but then both her and your chances of catching a fish are reduced to 0. It's an odd one, I'll check to see if a clean game can be switched in quickly to overcome the problem.

Update: Nope. Crashes immediately if I attempt to change it.

Attachments

• NPJH50473_02867.jpg
    NPJH50473_02867.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 317
  • NPJH50473_02870.jpg
    NPJH50473_02870.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 299
Last edited by Ultimadrago,

Alaneater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There seems to be a consistent crash when attempting to Fish Duel with Kaguya on Amorica Old Road (PSP emu). If you attempt to accept her challenge in normal speed, the program crashes. You can Turbo past the hitch, but then both her and your chances of catching a fish are reduced to 0. It's an odd one, I'll check to see if a clean game can be switched in quickly to overcome the problem.

Update: Nope. Crashes immediately if I attempt to change it.
As far as i know that happens with every fisher challenge

Chaoscontrol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question.

I am playing with the latest patch atm, downloaded yesterday. I am currently in Chapter 2 (Trade conference), and I am seeing a lot of machine translated content, even the main story. I went and checked the spreadsheet, and it is actually translated fine there. Wasn't the patch including all the man-translations from the spreadsheet and only the missing things were machine-translated?

One example is Zephyr translated as West Wind brigade.
Bump to myself.

PSP. Why are so many lines human-translated in the spreadsheet that are not used and instead is machine-translation? It happens quite often. I thought the full spreadsheet was used.

Fugsnarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not everything lines up right between the actual scena files and the spreadsheet. So that's why you'll sometimes find machine translation throughout. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is right now. At least it's usually relatively readable if you get used to the usual Google TS quirks and kind of retranslate the bad translation in your head to what it probably would be. It's more mental work, but it'll have to do for those moments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy: uh, went out the door, owner saw me. FORGOT MY CLOTHES :tpi::rofl2::blush: +1