Windwaker strange specs when playing (Nintendont)

ZartudatuGaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I loaded up Windwaker and when playing with either progressive or interlaced and even trying other options like HDMI adapters and another TV I get these odd artifacts (specs) only when in the game world. It does not appear on the main menu, during the intro, or any of the other menus.

2023-05-17_0-38-29.png

I have many GameCube games I've tried and none of them show any of these artifacts or any specs at all. The same with anytime I load a Wii game or something from the Virtual Console. I've tried different cables, TVs and I get the same result. These are also not static artifacts, they flicker randomly throughout.

I do know of the possible GPU issue where the early Wiis can have their GPUs dying, but I'm not sure if this is the case or not because I have countless games running fine. I even loaded up the Collector's Edition and tried the demo of Windwaker and it has the same problem. Not sure if this is maybe a compatibility issue or something?

EDIT: I loaded up Twilight Princess and no issues on there as well.

Even popped in RE4 Wii Edition to see and I guess there is a tad bit of the same issue on Leon's jacket when moving. So I guess it might really be a GPU issue. I've always had WiiConnect off so I guess I'll be looking for another Wii.
Post automatically merged:

I ended up getting a Black Wii RVL-001 which had RVL-CPU-60, and no issues anymore with my games. I guess the GPU was dying/damaged and I didn't notice it due to the lower end prior games I was playing.

Last edited by ZartudatuGaming,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...