Will factory reset brick my Wii

boris1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. Just got another Wii (JPN version with 4.3J system menu). It has neogamma installed but no homebrew channel. Tried holding reset to power on but no priiloader screen appears, so I think priiloader is not installed. I want to install BootMii (hopefully to boot2 if it is a earlier hardware version) and make NAND backup first. Tried Wilbrand and LetterBomb with a 32GB, 16GB and 2GB SD card in FAT32 but the message does not appear in the mailbox. From the data manager, it cannot detect my 2GB card. For 16GB and 32GB card, I can copy the save files from internal memory to SD card so I guess the SD card is working and detected. The system date is correct too. Tried flipping few days earlier and later but still cannot find the exploit message. From my last softmod experience, factory reset can magically make the exploit message appear. Since I am new to Wii and my last Wii is clean and unmodded, I am not sure if factory reset is safe for a Wii with unknown mod/wad installed, is safe in this case? did I make any mistakes in my steps?

Next I may try bluebomb

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.:)

Hi there. Just got another Wii (JPN version with 4.3J system menu). It has neogamma installed but no homebrew channel. Tried holding reset to power on but no priiloader screen appears, so I think priiloader is not installed. I want to install BootMii (hopefully to boot2 if it is a earlier hardware version) and make NAND backup first. Tried Wilbrand and LetterBomb with a 32GB, 16GB and 2GB SD card in FAT32 but the message does not appear in the mailbox. From the data manager, it cannot detect my 2GB card. For 16GB and 32GB card, I can copy the save files from internal memory to SD card so I guess the SD card is working and detected. The system date is correct too. Tried flipping few days earlier and later but still cannot find the exploit message. From my last softmod experience, factory reset can magically make the exploit message appear. Since I am new to Wii and my last Wii is clean and unmodded, I am not sure if factory reset is safe for a Wii with unknown mod/wad installed, is safe in this case? did I make any mistakes in my steps?

Next I may try bluebomb
Please,BEFORE you do ANYTHING be sure it is an REAL Japanese Wii and not an (maybe badly) Region changed Korean Wii !!!
(Serial Number)

After your unsuccessful Softmod Tries it sounds like that......

Thank you.:)

boris1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good Morning.:)

Please,BEFORE you do ANYTHING be sure it is an REAL Japanese Wii and not an (maybe badly) Region changed Korean Wii !!!
(Serial Number)

After your unsuccessful Softmod Tries it sounds like that......

Thank you.:)
Thanks. It is labelled as JPN. Wish the board is the same region as the label on the case.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe