Hacking WiiU rejects WUPInstalled titles (WiiU, N64 and NES titles)

Tur7L3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Edit:
nevermind.

I just don't want to explain this over and over again (yet again), so

https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-storage-device-error-when-installing-games.558201/

I REALLY didn't knew how to explain myself in that thread so ask anything you want, I just want to get rid of this.

Basically, I get this after installing any N64, WiiU and after opening any NES game.

1.- It's NOT happening because the HDD, already tried in other one AND, it also happens when installing to the NAND (learned it the bad way)
2.-WiiU and N64 games: when they are supossed to show up in menu, the error appears
3.-With NES: it appears after opening them.

Once I tried downloading directly to the NAND and, eh, same result, the message was the same except instead of the USB it was talking about the WiiU internal storage (obviously)

Also I tried downloading to an USB drive, same results.

However, any eShop downloaded game works great (I installed Super Mario Maker some years ago in the same HDD I'm using today, but due to the 160-0105 error forcing me to format the HDD after any WiiU, N64 or NES installed game before they show up in the menu, giving the same error, I moved Super Mario Maker to the nand so I don't have to redownload it)

The WiiU just seems to be rejecting any WUP-installed wherever they are installed, so, it's not about the USB.

If you check the thread you can see SNES, GBA, Gamecube and Wii injects are installed and played fine (NES shows in menu but after showing its bootscreen the 160-0105 thing happens.

AlsO, if you check the last message of the thread you can see that I actually did installed a WiiU title (Shovel Knight)
How did I manage to get it to install without the error you ask?
Eh, this part is kinda confusing...

I'm not sure what uTikDownloadHelper does to the downloaded game when you use the "Select Key" option that is in the corner, but I have a library of title.tiks for WiiU games from any region and when selecting the Shovel Knight one and downloading the WUP, I installed it and (for some reason...) it worked! Wii Sports Club with this method also worked, but I couldn't get the DLC to work as I can't download it with the title.tik-selecting-method, so when opening the game it gave the 160-0105 thing (I had CFW applied, I use the Indexiine method with IOSuHax CFW, also tried aplying Mocha in all of the told cases and it's all the same shit)

However that doesn't fixes the N64 and NES part, and also I downloaded one time my internet went full speed a lot of WiiU wups from trustable websites and uTikDH (but not doing this title.tik-selecting-thing, as I didn't knew it would work like that by the time) and they obviously give me the same 160-0105 shit when installing, so.

Also, any of them ARE NOT bad downloads, as I CDecrypted some of them and they work on Loadiine GX2. But, y'know, installing to WiiU will always be a superior method as it is almost like officially installed games.

So, basically, the WiiU rejects any WUPInstalled N64, the NES games show up in menu but same thing happens when booting them, and WiiU games do the same thing N64 does: when they're about to show in menu, the 160-0105 thing automatically shows up before they can, except that for WiiU games if i select the title.tik with the "Select Key" option for uTikDH, they will actually work.

Also, I forgot to mention: replacing the title.tik for WiiU games DOES NOT work, the same thing happens, so. As I said, I'm not sure what the "Select Key" option does to the content of a download but basically what seems to be rejected are the h3 and all those other files but the last three ones: (the title.tik and the other two)

Sorry if this is confusing lol, may this be a ban? ehh I don't think so, SNES, GBA, GC and Wii titles work, so what is making the WiiU reject N64, Wii U and NES games?

I've had this issue since the first time I tried to install a N64 WUP (Downloaded from uTikDH) This was in 2017/2018, I REALLY want to get rid of this, even if I have to mess up a little bit with WiiU's Nand. So, it has always been there when it comes to N64, WiiU and NES WUPs.

Literally any help will be appreciated, even if I have to mess up a little with the Nand.

Last edited by Tur7L3,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: