Wiimote shuts off when I start certain homebrew games

robbieradiant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whenever i boot into some homebrew games, my wiimote completely shuts off (no lights) and stops responding to any button presses besides 'resync'. ive had to hit the physical reset button on my wii to escape as even the power button does nothing.

this has happened on 'supersonic wii' and 'guitarfun' so far. ive googled around but havent found anyone else with this issue! does anyone a clue what i should do here?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
whenever i boot into some homebrew games, my wiimote completely shuts off (no lights) and stops responding to any button presses besides 'resync'. ive had to hit the physical reset button on my wii to escape as even the power button does nothing.

this has happened on 'supersonic wii' and 'guitarfun' so far. ive googled around but havent found anyone else with this issue! does anyone a clue what i should do here?

Many old Homebrew games are not compatible with WiiMotion Plus, so if you have that, you're out of luck until someone compiles those apps code with WiiMotion Plus support.

Assuming it's a regular WiiMote, then it might be a cIOS problem, you might be missing some in your console.

Honestly I don't know how to read sysChecks, and I personally don't utilitize these kind of Homebrew, so I'm out of personal experience regarding troubleshooting.

robbieradiant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is wiimotion plus and they are both old so thatd explain it... ive got an old non wiimotionplus one at least, good to know i can still play them!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto