Wii Video Output Issues! HELP!

Johnny2071

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, I get audio, but varying results

Roku TV + AV (VCR) = No picture. A year ago, I used to get a dark picture after a while, but now I get nothing.

Roku TV's AV = I get a very dark flickering image where you can barely see anything.

Roku TV + Gana AV to HDMI Upscaler - I get a decent image at first glance, but the quality is horrendous. The colors are highly saturated, and the video flickers whenever there's high activity.

Also, I used to use a Portholic Wii2HDMI Upscaler which no longer works, while newer ones are just dead on arrival.
EDIT: Even Hyperkin doesn't do anything. No input whatsoever. It only responds to AV cables.

And all of this started happening when I was forced to switch from Element (which randomly decided to no longer work right) to Roku, and then when I had to switch to a different DVD/VCR player.

I'm beginning to think it's the GPU slowly dying. I don't want to lose my save data or multiple WiiWare/Custom WADs, all because of bad video output, yet no errors from the system itself.

I saw a video where one guy (Matt KC) was able to replace a faulty capacitor (his screen was very dark), and that fixed the problem. So would a repair service do that for me, instead of replacing the board containing the NAND? This is my de-facto retro console for multiple games.

Johnny2071

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone? I'd like some assistance here.
The tv was working fine for awhile until almost a year ago, where I had to wait awhile just to get a picture to show up. And this was via VCR. Then, if I left the system on long enough, I would lose the picture and get the VCR's default blue screen. Now the only picture I can get is through the AV to HDMI Converter, which gives me the saturated colors and unstable shakey screen.
Post automatically merged:

Have you tried not using that TV?
The tv was working fine for awhile until almost a year ago, where I had to wait awhile just to get a picture to show up. And this was via VCR. Then, if I left the system on long enough, I would lose the picture and get the VCR's default blue screen. Now the only picture I can get is through the AV to HDMI Converter, which gives me the saturated colors and unstable shakey screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone