Go into the router and block the following domains:
  • nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
Tools/Homebrew By The Community
Current Public *Useful* Exploits
(This post does not reflect Filiph Sandström's own personal opinions neither does it reflect filfat Studios AB's stand on these kind of issues/projects)

Last edited by filfat,

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why you still need a ROP chain even though NX is disabled for the browser?

fail0verflow never actually said that NX was disabled in the browser. NX is active just as it is on all other applications, meaning the stack and heap are still non-executable.The difference is that the web browser has a special region of memory, called the JIT or codegen area, which you're allowed to create code inside. You obviously need your own code running to copy the shellcode into the JIT area and run it. That code is the ROP chain.

Thats great, btw you wouldn't mind setting up a github so we all can work now when its up in public anyway? :)

It will be a public repo, whether on Github, Bitbucket, or elsewhere.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should people be advised to blacklist the Nintendo update servers so they can take all precautions to block any future updates? While this will prevent eShop access, it should still allow online gaming for those who wish to use it. Failing that, disabling auto updates and standby mode wouldn't hurt. All precautions should be considered :)

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Should people be advised to blacklist the Nintendo update servers so they can take all precautions to block any future updates? While this will prevent eShop access, it should still allow online gaming for those who wish to use it. Failing that, disabling auto updates and standby mode wouldn't hurt.
Sure, give me a second to add that to the op :)

Last edited by filfat,

Nexus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what should happen when running the webkit exploit on a exploitable firmware?

I take it the main function in the html is var pointer = sprayInc(30000);

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deffently, give me a second to add that to the op :)

Would one of these IP adresses being blacklisted in the advanced router settings help with update prevention?

I haven't tested these personally, but other users state that it does work, but need confirmation. I refuse to update, not now, now that we're slowly but surely making progress.

Edit: last deleted address was for eShop only, not necessary to add to blacklist.
filfat is that exploit site supposed to be empty or is that a placeholder for when it actually does get released?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, it could be stupid to ask this, but you are currently working in the exploit? you know a lot about Wii U Hacking
Edit.
I tried the exploit in 5.0.0 and it frezze, I know it isn't working in 5.0, but it happends the same in 4.1.0?

Yes, I was with MN1 watching him put it all together since the very beginning, starting with me testing extracting the BootROM for him when his Wii U was broken (the release from 4 months ago that got so much fkn useless attention) up until now, and I try to help as best I can, whether it's answering questions or what.

As for 4.1.0, hello.c basically calls OSFatal which makes the system shutdown, creates a black screen, and print a specific message, in this case "Hello from the new buffer!", and it shows up on both the gamepad and TV screen. As for the others, it depends.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes, I was with MN1 watching him put it all together since the very beginning, starting with me testing extracting the BootROM for him when his Wii U was broken (the release from 4 months ago that got so much fkn useless attention) up until now, and I try to help as best I can, whether it's answering questions or what.

As for 4.1.0, hello.c basically calls OSFatal which makes the system shutdown, creates a black screen, and print a specific message, in this case "Hello from the new buffer!", and it shows up on both the gamepad and TV screen. As for the others, it depends.

OK, so, in 4.1.0 shows that message? or we need to have the donwloaded exploit in the SD?, because in Wii you need the SD to make exploits works (exept for letterbomb and Wilbrand) but I don't think the SD would be useful (because the Wii U ignore it) I don't lose anything by asking this.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How'd you guys find addresses for ROP gadgets? I can't imagine it was totally trial and error...?

Heheh, we kinda had some help from F0F with that.

OK, so, in 4.1.0 shows that message? or we need to have the donwloaded exploit in the SD?, because in Wii you need the SD to make exploits works (exept for letterbomb and Wilbrand) but I don't think the SD would be useful (because the Wii U ignore it) I don't lose anything by asking this.
Yes, but the exploit is useless on an SD, this is through the web browser so you need to host it through XAMPP or something similar.

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night