trogdon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just recently (today) my wii Started to have the following error
An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii operations Manual for help troubleshooting
Now this error no longer shows up, and when I put a disk in my wii makes a weird clicking noise and then that's it. It doesn't even show that the disk could not be read, or this message any more. I'm guessing my drive is completely shot?
My wii is only softmodded so I don't think that's the problem, but I obviously can't send it into nintendo. I just want to confirm that this is the disk drive for sure, and how would I go about fixing this myself, or if it's better to send it in to this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=270660857855

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your drive is gone, no more disc loading.
But don't fret!
USB loading is here!
Go out and get a 320GB USB external drive, and use WII Backup Manager to install
games to the drive.

trogdon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use disc loading, I just use official disks. The only thing I softmod is like to play emulators and stuff lol.
So I'd rather just replace the drive than USB load, because I already have so many games (like at least 25, and I have lots of gamecube games too).

is it a disk drive or a laser problem? That's about a $40 difference so it's worth knowing

it's making this noise
http://filesmelt.com/dl/wii_drive_noise.mp3

The disk doesn't spin at all, it like tries a couple times then gives up

SRW009

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I have a same problem like it.But no noise.
The disk doesn't spin at all,and no red light.
I'm sure that its an Hardware problem.I linked the “Q12” to “F3”(My hard disk too big to use of the Wii)
Then Power On...
cry.gif

Such a tragedy I did????
Anybody help me?

snap_0714

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just finished repairing at least 8 dvd drives. from what i tested on all 8. not spinning means its a really bad laser. you can get that for $10. put the drive sideways then insert the disc and see if the laser still lights up and moves. if it does but the disc wont spin its the laser. do not replace the drive. if you buy a new drive at least make sure its a D2 drive model. newer drives will not work. so dont throw away your old drive. the board on that drive is still worth alot

for the noise. its probably the top metal thing holding the disc so it will not fly. try to gently move the holder thing and see if it stops the noise. that can also be the problem. its squeezing the disc and it wont let it spin. be very careful if you are like trying to align the thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: