Status
Not open for further replies.

Y05h1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
That's right, Nintendo's next console (whatever the name might be), to be announced this E3, or earlier! Many have been expecting this, but seems there are some rather strong sources to now back it up!
QUOTE said:
Rumors of a "Wii 2" or "Wii HD" have been flying since ... well, pretty much since the Wii launched, but when an outlet the size of Game Informer piles on, it's tough not to take notice.

The publication says it's hearing from multiple sources that Nintendo will announce a new home console at or before E3. According to hearsay, the console would arrive in 2012 and would sport HD graphics, though GI's sources are conflicted about how said graphics would compare to the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Well, there goes our "Schedule Vacations for E3 Week When All The Video Game Journalist Resorts Are Super Empty" plan.

Update: IGN found some anonymous sources of its own, who claim that the new console will be backwards compatible with all Wii games. Its sources say that the console is "significantly more powerful than the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360."
Joystiq
QUOTEAccording to multiple reports today, Nintendo will reveal a new console at E3 this coming June.

Game Informer first reported that the console is capable of running games at "HD resolutions." Our sources have said the the console is significantly more powerful than the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and that Nintendo's intent is to recapture the hardcore market. Another source said it is capable of 1080p resolutions.

Nintendo is reportedly showing the console to publishers to garner interest for a late 2012 launch.

Additional sources tell IGN that Nintendo will release a pre-announcement this month with a full reveal expected at E3 and that the console will be backwards compatible with current Wii software.
IGN

Backwards compatible with all Wii games? Significantly more powerful than the PS3 or 360? If this isn't amazing news, I don't know what it.

(But, for the skeptics... yes, these are only rumours for now. So believe what you will.)

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I dunno. It's really kinda late for Nintendo to make slightly superior graphics to the PS3/X360. I mean, it's been about 6 years since they were released.

Not like I wouldn't mind, anyways.

But Nintendo's Ace-in-the-sleeve is their amazing inovation. And that's what I'll be looking forward.

Y05h1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ahh, okay, thought it might be posted, couldn't find it though (was looking in the wrong place I guess, and the search function wasn't letting me use short searches like "Wii 2" or "Wii HD".)

Cheers
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1