Hacking well.... let's talk about ipached nintendo switch

SonicSlayerNX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The ipatch consoles (released after summer 2018) do not have RCM mode, but if the console version is 4.1.0, the console can be hacked.

why consoles with firmware version higher than 4.1.0 can't be jailbroken and why nobody pays attention to the hidden console browser and Twitch app that works through this browser?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The ipatch consoles (released after summer 2018) do not have RCM mode, but if the console version is 4.1.0, the console can be hacked.

why consoles with firmware version higher than 4.1.0 can't be jailbroken and why nobody pays attention to the hidden console browser and Twitch app that works through this browser?
Because the OS is very secure. SciresM that rewritten and reversed the whole system twice have yet to find any exploits. Maybe they have but they sit on them.

SonicSlayerNX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Because the OS is very secure. SciresM that rewritten and reversed the whole system twice have yet to find any exploits. Maybe they have but they sit on them.
given Nintendo's past shoals, it's surprising
I just can't get my head around the fact that such a crooked OS can be so secure.
Post automatically merged:

still, considering how slow Twitch and Youtube are on Switch, it seems to me that the exploit will be found through them due to memory buffer overload or something.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I just can't get my head around the fact that such a crooked OS can be so secure.
Because not all have been Nintendo's fault. For example the Switch is very secure except some early firmware version. The hardware bug and the modchip exploits isn't their fault but Nvidias.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Exploiting the browser or video player apps will not get us anything useful. You have to understand that the rabbit hole goes way deeper. The browser is only the entry into the system and from there you need a whole chain of vulnerabilities to escalate privileges.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

All switch can enter RCM just that patched unit can't push any payload.

Reactions: ewabc886

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post automatically merged:

still, considering how slow Twitch and Youtube are on Switch, it seems to me that the exploit will be found through them due to memory buffer overload or something.
If you can't get your small head how the OS can be so secure then why don't you come up with an exploit then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol