Virtualboy emulated on modern technology? Yes please!

Virtual_Boy_Wario_Land_Gameplay.png

It seems someone has maneged to get Virtual Boy games to play without giving you a headache! Redditor The King Of Spain has manipulated retroarchs core Mednafen VB to work on your smartphone using Google Cardboard or Gear VR

You will need this software / hardware list to run it​

• Android Phone
  • Google Cardboard (I'm using a Gear VR)
  • Retroarch for Android

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
I've used my Google Cardboard a couple of times before for gaming. It's a really different and fun way of gaming. However during "prolonged" play (~20-30min) I always expereince VR sickness. Don't know how it exactly compares to the VB's headache but moderate play time is advised.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've used my Google Cardboard a couple of times before for gaming. It's a really different and fun way of gaming. However during "prolonged" play (~20-30min) I always expereince VR sickness. Don't know how it exactly compares to the VB's headache but moderate play time is advised.
I actually wanted to try Gear VR for gaming, but I wasn't sure what to try.
What games would you recommend to try gaming on VR/Cardboard etc?

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
I actually wanted to try Gear VR for gaming, but I wasn't sure what to try.
What games would you recommend to try gaming on VR/Cardboard etc?
yes there is a section for VR apps on the Play Store but from what I've tried, I recommend Vanguard V Google Cardboard, Proton Pulse Google Cardboard, Lost In The Kismet - VR Escape and Caaaaardboard!.

The Gear VR is on the high-end side of the spectrum, try the Cardboard first, pre-made ones sell for less than $10.

Reactions: codeluca

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
There are also other VR headsets based off Google Cardboard, some of which can be found here. The link also features some instructions on building your own Cardboard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work