VGA to HDMI: mono audio

Borgman2018

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I finally finished my GBS Control, it seems to work but as soon as I tried the headphones I noticed a problem: I can hear only the left channel. In order to troubleshoot the audio, I connected the Playstation2 output directly to an audio receiver and it works fine on both sides.
So, the audio goes in stereo and it comes out mono.

The component responsible for the GBS audio is this VGA to HDMI adapter.

I'm not sure if the adapter is defective or if it's simply a mono device. I looked up the store page the and I found out that it doesn't ever specify if it's stereo or mono (although they talk about "HD audio" and they show pictures of Hi-Fi and amplifiers connected to it, so it would be easy to suppose it's stereo).

If it is mono, where I can be sure to buy a stereo one (of the same form factor, it needs to fit inside the GBS enclosure)?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
To clarify, you tested the PS2 with the male 3.5mm output and not the RCA one?

Does anything happen if you move (e.g. wiggle and rotate) the 3.5mm when inserted into the VGA adapter?

Have you tested a different cable/source?

Reactions: Borgman2018

Borgman2018

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To clarify, you tested the PS2 with the male 3.5mm output and not the RCA one?

Does anything happen if you move (e.g. wiggle and rotate) the 3.5mm when inserted into the VGA adapter?

Have you tested a different cable/source?

I'm using a PS2 component cable, and the audio RCAs are connected to a Y cable that ends with a 3,5 stereo plug, and I did test the whole cable, including the Y extension.

I tried to wiggle and rotate but nothing happens, the audio is always on the left only.

I did try a different cable, but even the same exact cable works when it's connected to something other than the VGA > HDMI adapter.

Last edited by Borgman2018,

Borgman2018

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The page has been pulled down but it was working earlier.
Weird, it's gone now, I can confirm. I had it cached on my browser so I could make some screenshot and save some product pictures. I can post them if you're interested. (nevermind, the problem was solved)
Post automatically merged:

and HDMI port of TV is "normal" HDMI or HDMI ARC or MHL?
also are there settings in your TV to change port type?
Well, you solved the problem, many thanks.

I was using an HDMI port, which, for some reason, is placed far from the other HDMI inputs and near the 3.5 headphones output. I don't how and why this was influencing the audio.

Last edited by Borgman2018,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you