Use Both SD2Vita and PSVSD?

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of buying a PSVSD for internal storage. I currently use an SD2Vita but lately my frequently ejects (file transfers by MicroSD card reader on the go, no home network or PC) have resulted in intermittent card not detected issues and lengthy database rebuilds. AppDB and other utilities can't restore my icon layouts (SQL errors, etc) so it's a real pain. My questions are these: Is the PSVSD reliable? (Supposedly faster than SD2Vita too). Can it be used along with SD2Vita? And can Vitashell copy files between ux0 and uma?

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a 3G Oled, PCH-1100. Don't know the region though as I hear Japan uses T2 screwdriver on the module.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version of SD2VITA do you have? There are about 6. The latest revisions addressed the random eject issue. I got a black/red v5 that works great.

I have SD2VITA set as :urx0 and my Sony memory stick set as :uma0, for emulation.

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Says SD2Vita Pro (white). I have a spare (haven't tested yet, says the same thing but in different places)It probably just comes down to me having to take the SD2Vita and MicroSD out frequently.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Says SD2Vita Pro (white). I have a spare (haven't tested yet, says the same thing but in different places)It probably just comes down to me having to take the SD2Vita and MicroSD out frequently.

USB cable to transfer? You can always set up a cellphone as a hotspot, connect the vita to that, then ftp files from your phone...

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any updates yet?
Update: I've had my PSVSD for awhile but had no luck with Torx screwdrivers. Rather than order a 3rd set, I did what I could with pliers. Got 1 screw out. Then had to gnaw through the 3G modem, breaking the peg pole out for the other. Oh well, only need 1 screw to secure it. The rubberband, latex glove, and superglue tricks don't work. Superglue was the worst thing to try. Made the screws look like deadpool and then was worse off.

I was able to migrate to the PSVSD with my old card ok after messing with the storage options in Autoplugin II (Be sure to hit triangle to save). Fortunately it seems the mount settings act like a PC's boot priority list, so I wasn't locke
Still haven't gotten a 2nd card to work with SD2Vita yet. Hoping the Vita can format it (zzblank.img) without a PC. Researching that now.
Post automatically merged:

Another update: Getting an error about the 3G Modem. Had to use an AutoPlugin II plugin to disable all the 3G Features to make it stop. Since then, Airplane mode disables wifi instead of only 3G. Also getting alot of C2-12828-1 errors randomly, but only when opening or closing apps. Vita blacks out and the PS Logo flashes. But beware of that 3G-disabling plugin. The browser's keyboard vanished when I reverted from it (keyboard still worked in Vitashell). Re-disabled and it's fine again.

VitaDeploy can format a card in SD2Vita without a PC. However, such card was unreadable by a PS3 (unlike the one sitting in my PSVSD, IrisMan for ExFat) and presumably a PC too. And YAMT cannot mount both PSVSD and SD2Vita, whether told to in Settings -> Devices ->Storage or AutoPlugin II. However, VitaDeploy can manually mount it to grw0:. Wish this were automated. Maybe switching to USBMC would work but that's a leap I'm not ready to take as I might have no access to the tools to undo it if something goes wrong.

Another update: I had YAMT Lite. The full install let me mount both at startup

Last edited by XFoxPrower,
Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto