Hacking USBLoader GX breaks every day

SlashofaSword

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know a lot of threads have been made regarding this issue, but I also had a few extra questions...

It seems almost daily now that USB Loader GX will stop working for some reason. After playing games happily it just breaks. I get a black screen when trying to load games. Yes I have d2x installed according to https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation and that fixed it the last time it decided to break on me, but now it's done it again and I don't know what to do. I have a Wii on 4.3E and use it mainly for running Gamecube ISOs (with the virtual memory card option on and at 251). Can anyone offer and help and maybe a way to stop this happening in the future?

EDIT: Only GC games get this result, tested AC:CF and it worked fine. My Gamecube ISOs have been tested before so it's not an issue with them.

Last edited by SlashofaSword,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the guide you used to hack your wii is not very good.
but, it affects you only if you use slot249 instead of 250 (because it made you install a beta/instable version of cIOS).
unfortunately, the default slot used by all USBLoaders are slot249....
You should set the loader to use only slot250 instead (it's needed for some games anyway, like Call of Duty, or Sing it) and stop using slot249.
r52 works only with ONE usb : USB Port 0 (the bottom one on Wii, the top-back on WiiU), be sure to plug your drive in the correct port !

Nintendont doesn't use any cIOS, and therefore shouldn't be affected by your softmod or the program you use.
Did you try to run Nintendont directly from HBC instead of using USBLoaderGX interface ?
do you have the same issue when NOT using the loader?

Last edited by Cyan,

SlashofaSword

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the guide you used to hack your wii is not very good.
but, it affects you only if you use slot249 instead of 250 (because it made you install a beta/instable version of cIOS).
unfortunately, the default slot used by all USBLoaders are slot249....
You should set the loader to use only slot250 instead (it's needed for some games anyway, like Call of Duty, or Sing it) and stop using slot249.
r52 works only with ONE usb : USB Port 0 (the bottom one on Wii, the top-back on WiiU), be sure to plug your drive in the correct port !

Nintendont doesn't use any cIOS, and therefore shouldn't be affected by your softmod or the program you use.
Did you try to run Nintendont directly from HBC instead of using USBLoaderGX interface ?
do you have the same issue when NOT using the loader?

Using Nintendont directly from HBC runs the game fine, I'll try setting it to 250 though and tell you what happens.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ahh, thank you! Changed it to 250 and now I can continue my Paper Mario adventure, seeing as it was such a simple change you'd think it was already on a forum somewhere. Thanks so much!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, see, the culprit is THAT guide everyone in the world are following and suggesting thinking they did good, and ending here looking for help.
How many times I said that guide was bad, for one single number (r52 -> r53) that breaks so many things!

I really wish that guide could be fixed and that the author could be contacted to understand his mistake writing it that way.
I'm the one (mostly) helping everyone who did the mistake to follow that guide. the person who wrote that guide never cared helping the users due to his choice.

it's already on the forum everywhere : STOP USING R53 !!!!
that cIOS version is beta, unstable, bad !
latest IS NOT better !

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...