[Tutorial] Using "smashhax" with Linux

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by ihaveamac, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Toshivic

Toshivic Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    United States
    Can anyone help me with using this on Ubuntu mate 16.04 or Ubuntu 15.04? I tried updated ones on page 25 but I am getting ./lua53 and ./aireplay-ng command not found errors. I have installed lua5.3 and aircrack-ng.

Last edited by Toshivic, Nov 27, 2016
  2. abelxo

abelxo Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    United States
    can someone help me?

i am on a macbook pro and i went to boot up linux using unbuntu and my mac is not recognizing unbuntu on my flashdrive. help?

3. Toshivic

Toshivic Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    United States
    Have you tried making the Ubuntu image in a BIOS mode? Not the EFI.

4. abelxo

abelxo Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    United States
    how do you do that? im sorry im slightly new at this and learning still.

i used unetbootin to put ubuntu onto my usb. i tried to run ubuntu on my mac by alt+power and only my regular hard drive shows up.

5. Dude1452

Dude1452 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2016
    Canada
    You have to be in the /src folder to find aireplay-ng
    not sure, i am not familiar with mac OS

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

not necessarily, what you essentially need is a wi-fi card that can send packets.
    Do you have the payload named "smashppayload.bin" placed in the root of your sd card?
    I am not sure whats happening, do you mind if i see what is in the root of your sd card?

6. chompita239

chompita239 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2016
    Argentina
    Hey, i was reading the github page from yellow8s, smashhax DOES NOT WORK with catdriges that are no 1.0.0, so, i am f*cked because 1.1.0, i will buy an sky3ds and try....or better with freakyhax.

7. The_Provider

The_Provider Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    United States
    Could someone help me please? Im kind of a noob with linux and I've been trying to do smashhax for 2 hours now. No, I have not screwed up my computer yet due to my stupidity. But I need help with this part, I press "Ok" after I get through to the part it says "A terminal window will now open with aireplay-ng. When it says "Use this packet ?", type y and press enter." After I press "Ok" this comes up in the terminal:
    ARP linktype is set to 1 (Ethernet) - expected ARPHRD_IEEE80211,
    ARPHRD_IEEE80211_FULL or ARPHRD_IEEE80211_PRISM instead. Make
    sure RFMON is enabled: run 'airmon-ng start wlp2s0 <#>'
    Sysfs injection support was not found either.
    I don't know how to fix this, I repeat. I have spent 2 hours trying to do the entire tutorial. I am desperate for help right now. Thank you for reading -The_Provider

8. JTPROG

JTPROG Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    United States
    I am on smash USA v 1.0.3 , which pcap would i use v102 or 104? I get the "an error has occured".

Last edited by JTPROG, Nov 29, 2016
  9. The_Provider

The_Provider Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    United States
    I am on smash 1.0.1 on a compatible firmware on a New 3DS XL btw

10. The_Provider

The_Provider Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    United States
    Do you mind helping me out first? Or do you not understand what I posted?
    Wait! Im very close to completing this! My recent problem is this now:
    wlp2s0 Intel + iwlwifi - [phy0]SIOCSIFFLAGS: Name not unique on network
    I just need the solution to this problem and Ill be golden!

11. GeminiTH

GeminiTH Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2016
    United States
    I'm also having trouble. I deleted my update data for Sm4sh 3DS, I'm on a N3DSXL, I have all needed files on my microSD, I'm using Ubuntu 15.04 on a live USB, and I couldn't get the original smashbroshax-helper program to do ANYTHING AT ALL. The edited one works up until the part where the terminal is supposed to open, and then it just doesn't open it. Also, Aircrack really doesn't ever like me. Same with makefiles. How do i fix all these problems?

EDIT: Well, most problems are indeed fixed. HOWEVER, it stops at 73 packets sent.

Last edited by GeminiTH, Dec 5, 2016
  12. Dude1452

Dude1452 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2016
    Canada
    you may need to have a usb wireless card since most built-in into laptops do not work

13. shilofax

shilofax Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2016
    United States
    I am able to run the program via the Live USB. However, when I start sending packets, nothing happens on the N3DSXL. I have the payload file on the root of the SD. My program stops sending packets at ~115 packets. What can I do?

14. GeminiTH

GeminiTH Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2016
    United States
    I don't use a laptop. I use a desktop. Does my phone's wifi tether thing do the trick?

15. kumita-chan

kumita-chan Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2016
    Spain
    If you have tplink Wi-Fi card you can use it as hotspot with the drivers at least in windows. I don't know if they're available in Linux.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

16. GeminiTH

GeminiTH Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2016
    United States
    tplink...? what's that? I have a realtek wifi thingy and a samsung galaxy j7 with wifi tethering availible.

17. kumita-chan

kumita-chan Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2016
    Spain
    Well, in the tplink webpage you can download a tool to make you're PC's cars as a hotspot. Idk if there's one for realteks one, but you could try to search it. Sorry if I wrote badly, but I'm kinda drunk xD

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

18. Dude1452

Dude1452 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2016
    Canada
    I believe wifi tethering means that your phone is sending out a wifi signal to connect devices to, i am unsure if you can use it as a wireless card.

also whoops, try just typing "gksudo" in terminal and if it says anything about ( apt install ), follow the instructions there then navigate to the folder where smashhaxhelper.sh is then run the command "gksudo smashhaxhalper.sh" or whichever the ".sh" name is then you can proceed as normal, though you may need a wireless card capable of injecting packets (if it stops at 70-120 packets sent then your card is not capable of injecting packets to the 3ds)

19. 3lentropy

3lentropy Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2016
    Brazil
    I tried using the helper in one of my laptops(a dell with ubuntu 16), but it would give an error when sending the packages. I tried again on an older laptop(a HP xubuntu this time) and the packages were being sent, but nothing happened on the 3ds. I have a New 3ds XL on 11.1-34U and deleted the smash update data(so I was using the 1.00 version in the helper/) and also have the payload named smashpayload in my microsd card. What can I do? Below is an image of the terminal[​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    Just curious, would this work with windows 10 bash function?